Monday, June 30, 2008

Worry Vs. Prayer

Why is it so simple for me to worry before praying?? Yet I find it odd to stop, drop, and pray before worrying?? Ha, I like that, stop, drop, and pray. Amen Lord, help me to do so! We all have sooo many situations in each of our lives. Some are huge, some are small, but in our lives everything matters to us. Big or small. I am by nature a thinker, a ponderer, a figure everything out person. I think that before the Lord, a balance of this nature is a good thing, but when I let it get the best of me and get extreme its dangerous. As I was thinking about things today, the thought came to be that God has it ALL under control. If I am following Him, He has everything in His hands. I am so a "now" girl, if my prayer doesn't come true instantly I wonder what is wrong, why me, why this or that?! I know we are human, so we have moments of weakness, but I want to press toward the mark of the high calling of Christ, so I want to be better about this, perfect practice makes perfect.

Today was a busy day at work, when I got home momma and I visited for awhile, then I got dinner and took it to her and dad's house. Mom and Dad's neighbor then called me over (He was outside cooking at his grill) and asked me if I wanted a burger. I told him I had just eaten, but he kept asking...so I took it home. Mom says his way of loving is feeding you. He's a funny guy. His son and his son's friend were outside eating, so I talked to them for a bit too. Went back to moms and watched TV with her for a while. Thats about all to my day.

Prayer request, my neighbors decided not to keep the kitten, but they will foster it until they or I can find a home for him. So please say a little prayer for him to find a home. He has had such a rough start, he needs a family.

Oh and I am starting to get sick, please pray for me. I took three echinacea tonight, hopefully that will help the immune system.

0 comments: