Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Heart is in His Hands

The Riddell Family sent me a poem in my care package last week. I wanted to share it today, being the day that one year ago, the wife side of me had to let my husband go, yet the spiritual side of me realized where my brother in Christ now resided.

I don't know who wrote the poem, if Rachel did, or she found it...its based off of Proverbs 3:5,6

I held my heart so close to me
Bidding no one interfere
With the plans I laid so carefully
And the dreamsI held so near

But my fragile fingers couldn't hold
THe things so dear to me
They slipped right through
Before I knew
The pieces were at my feeet

Through my tears I heard a Voice
So gentle and so sweet
He did not scold, He simply said,
"Give the pieces to me."

I gave to Himmy shattered heart
He tookd it, and with a smile
Fashioend the pieces into something
A little more worthwhile

All the dreams I once had loved
Seemed small compared to this.
My plans were all so commonplace
When compared to His

Now I'm resting peacefully
Now I understand
I know my life is in His control
And my heart is in His hands.

Aside from my experiences with the Lord, Damon is the single greatest thing to EVER happen to and in my life. He took me and loved me, just as I was. He saw beautiful in me. All of my quirks, all of my little insanities, he still loved me and cared for me. He was my very best friend, the best friend I have ever had. We could talk about our fears, dreams, worries, inspirations...anything. It is still so hard for me to realize Damon is gone. He isn't dead, he is alive and well in Heaven. He made it to my goal destination. I know God didn't take Damon to leave me, or all of our family desolate. That, truly, somewhere there is a big plan that is greater than we all could have imagined. Until I see that plan, or even if I never see it, I want to live my life in a way that God is pleased and Damon would be proud of me. I have never stopped missing him, nor loving him. As his wife, I wish with all of my heart, he was here. But I am so glad he made it, that was his number one goal in life, to make it to Heaven and to be a light to this world while he was here. He accomplished all he set out to do, all the Lord had for him.

To my Heart's True Love,

I love you. I miss you. I will see you again. You are beautiful to me, in every way. You are my best friend, and I will always be grateful to you and the Lord. The Lord used you to affect my heart for all of eternity, and I am indebted to His goodness for this. Thank you for loving me. I was truly the most blessed woman in all of the world, to have been your wife.

I love you always and forever,
Your Bride- Kasey

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I did write that, a couple years ago for the Youth Retreat. I'm glad that it spoke to you.

Love you Kasey, praying for you today especially.

juls4Him said...

Kasey, I have you on my heart today and I know that even more, Jesus has you on His heart in a very special way. His arms are around you and His peace is there to engulf your mind. While it seems like it will be so long until you can be physically in His presence and Damon's, it really will be so much sooner than we think. You've done a wonderful job in keeping his memory alive and I believe many have felt the Love of Jesus in just hearing your stories and thoughts about Damon's life. I know Damon is wanting you to just feel peace today and I'm sure he wishes he could just share a tiny bit of how wonderful it is there in that place we all can look forward to if we will just be faithful. Just keep looking up and don't give in to feelings the world would put on you but only those wonderful feelings your savior wants to share with you today. He is holding Damon's hand with one of His and yours with His other hand so you can feel that blessed connection. Lots of Love & Hugs, Sis. Julie

Unknown said...

Having trouble emailing you, but just wanted to let you know that I love you and am praying for you.

Here's your card.. :)

http://www.hallmark.com/ECardWeb/ECV.jsp?a=EG3180542871367M265539760Y&product_id=

Amanda Bull said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Katie said...

praying for you!

love you and miss you!

emily said...

"I am so glad he made it, that was his number one goal in life, to make it to Heaven and to be a light to this world while he was here. He accomplished all he set out to do, all the Lord had for him."

I love this. It is completely true. Whatta life! And now he is reaping his reward. Thank you Jesus! And we get to see him again one day- how awesome is that?!

I love you Kasey and the strength and joy you show forth will be a testimony for the rest of your days.