Thursday, June 26, 2008

Date Night

I had a date with my Daddy tonight! Momma is out of town and she told me to take care of dad while she was gone, so I called him while I was at work today to see if he would like to go to dinner tonight! He said yes. So we went to this new pizza place by my house. I am glad for tonight, it kinda was a new door to our relationship. My dad and I have a good relationship, but its weird...I still feel little around him. Tonight it was like I was a grown up, talking about grown up things. He even dressed up and combed his hair, like when he goes out somewhere nice. My dad is a total t shirt and jeans guy, most times he is at work, or outside working in the garden or doing something. It was cool to see him get all spiffy for our little night out. Praise the Lord.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post warms my heart. I am so happy for you.
Sister Marcy

Rachel said...

Awww, that is SO sweet.

Grace & Co said...

How exciting! I feel the same way around my Dad. Every time I try to talk to him I feel like a little girl again instead of a teenager. =P

Vicki Smith said...

That's so sweet!
I haven't seen the fry sauce yet, but I've heard it's in town. How much was it? I've never bought it that way so I have NO IDEA. Thank you so much for getting it for me!

Valerie said...

Awww,that is sweet!
Glad you had a good time.

emily said...

That's so sweet. I love your dad. I called mine tonight and had a long talk with him. I was upset about something and he made me feel alot better. Alot. I miss him so much. I can't wait to see him next month. I know you are but be thankful your's is up the street.