Thursday, June 12, 2008

Melancholy

I been feeling very melancholy lately. I think about others, who have it much worse than I. Who have lost their husband, have children, and were kicked out of their home. I know I am a very blessed woman. I am near family again, I have a home of my own, I am not wanting for anything. But I have realized more than ever, since Damon's death, that all these "things" I have (with the exception of the family part I just mentioned...I am talking material wise) don't make me happy. Yes, they are nice, but they are not my happiness. God is my first happiness, but that part of humans He created, the part that he filled with Eve for Adam...feels so empty. I realized I have had many blessed moments, and times of happiness since Damon went Home, but my happiness that I had when I was his wife and helpmeet, I miss it. I don't ever want to complain. The Bible says to be content in what so ever state I am in, I want to be that way. Please pray for me to be pleasing to the Lord in this area. Pray for my work situation. I am having to deal with some people, that truly need the Lord. They are outright rude to me. I want to shine the Lord to them, not respond. I don't want to come off as ungrateful or whining, but I am at a point right now, where I really need the Lord to intervene, and in that process, I need to do my best to please Him in my actions and efforts.

1 comments:

Sara said...

hey! so glad you asked about compassion. i would first suggest going to their website at compassion.com. basically you pay $32 a month that goes towards school fees and living expenses for a child. the great thing is that your donation doesn't just help the child, it helps the whole family. also, read the following blog post where someone else explains it so much better than i can: http://www.shaungroves.com/shlog/comments/answers_to_some_of_your_questions_about_compassion_internationalso_far/