Thursday, June 05, 2008

Midnight Cry

The smoke alarms just started going off in my house. Around 2:45 am. I don't smell smoke. I don't know why they would go off. They have stopped now, but that is really bugging me that they even started for what seems to be no reason. I saw that the alarm in the hall way, it's green light wasn't coming on at all, where as the others flash on and off. But they aren't battery operated, battery back up, but not operated solely. I am freaking out. I want Damon, I want my Mommy. I HAVE to remember to lean on the Lord. Sometimes being an adult is so scary.

Them going off like that, really reminded me of the rapture. It will happen in the blink of an eye. In the twinkling of a moment. Dear Lord let me not be found spiritually asleep, let me be ready and waiting. I don't want to be found sleeping and wake up like I did tonight, surprised and wondering what and why was that alarm going off.

2 comments:

Grace & Co said...

I don't know how it is there, but because AZ is so dusty we have to blow air into the alarms because they get dusty inside and they think it's smoke. Firefighters did it for my family since they have pressured air.

Amanda Bull said...

Ooh! I would be freaked out, too! I am always afraid my carbon monoxide detectors will go off, because then you have to leave the house and call 911 and all that. I can just see me in the yard in my bathrobe waiting for the firemen to come.