Saturday, January 19, 2008

Packing

blech...I DO NOT DO WELL with packing or in situations where I PERSONALLY have to take charge and organize stuff. Literal stuff, I can handle organizing events, or whatever...but making sense of all I need to pack. I feel sooooo overwhelmed. Where do I start, what do I keep, what do I let go of. Adding to my confusion is not wanting to let go of things that were Damon...it may sound weird to you all, but i still have the bag of cans from the last dr peppers he drank. I have his empty paint cans, his left over 2x4's from building honey's dog house. I don't want to let go of these things...so most likely, they will get packed, or I will atleast keep one of certain things. I have been crying over him soo much lately. I feel like the Lord has given me peace about this, that i am doing the right thing, that He will take care of me...but it is still hard letting go of all that Damon and I shared here, even if it is silly really old empty dr pepper cans that probably still carry Damon's DNA. Laugh if you must...but that is how I think. This is the house where I transitioned from girl to woman. From immature, to atleast hopefully a little more mature, from single to wife, helpmeet. Lately, I have been thinking about how good I really do have it. Even with Damon's loss, there are those who are much worse off out there in the world. God has been good to me, He has a plan that is bigger than what I could EVER begin to imagine. All things work together for our good, IF we love God. I want to be a female version of David, a woman after God's own heart. I want that soooo much. I guess thats my thoughts for now.

1 comments:

Valerie said...

I am reading your blog and see where it is a hard thing to do.I have never been in that situation that you are in.I can read you love the Lord and Damon as well.No matter where you go and move to in life you always have God and Damon in your heart and you will be fine.

I would miss my parents if I lived so far away,I am not that far from mine now that I have moved and I still miss them.Go be with your family.I hope it all works out for you.