Monday, January 21, 2008

Brrr

My feeties are cold. You think it is cold in TN, momma said it was 7 degrees in idaho. YIKES. I got the back yard cleaned up today, with the help of michael. I had straw out there that the boys were playing in, well I didnt break it down good enough and it was messy looking so I raked it all up into piles and he put it into that back of the truck then we went and threw it over the bluff on the lake. paul is hoping it might grow some grass over all the rocks. (paul, andy's dad) I also put some more grass seed out and covered it with a bit of straw. I also got some of the garage cleaned up today, and some of Damon's clothes packed. Do you realize how weird it is to pack the clothes I bought for him, the pants he was wearing when we first met. We had love, real true love, we dated, I had flowers, valentines day cards, someones hand to hold, someones hug to fall in to. All the things us ladies get giddy thinking and hoping about when we are on the search for Mr. Right, or Mr. Wonderful. So many memories, so many things that are gone, in the snap of a finger. It is so odd to me. This solidifies he truly is gone, and that is hard. As I was packing, I realized it wasnt as hard as it could have been, and had the thought on God's grace. God is my daily portion, like that song...His eye is on the sparrow. Jesus IS my portion, a constant friend is he. Damon isn't dead, he is in heaven right now, praising God. he is in heaven because he SERVED God, every day, lived it for Jesus. I want to live up to the legacy my wonderful husband left.

In other news...oddly, I suddenly smell onions. Have a good day.

5 comments:

Caet said...

Just wanted to say hi. It is very cold!!! GAH! 7 degrees!!! WOW!
Its not fair such cold weather, but no snow! GRRRR!

emily said...

I'm praying for you. I can't even begin to understand what it must be like to have to pack up his things. Maybe if you picture him there with you. Sometimes when I am sad about a certain someone I will think of him being there with me right at that moment- and he would be like "don't be sad Em. And then he would tickle me." I'm sure Damon wouldn't want you to be sad either.

I will be there tomorrow to help pack. I am a terrible packer but I will do my best.

Erika J. said...

i'm praying for you.

Valerie said...

Onions? From what? lol

Morgan said...

haha..."In other news...oddly, I suddenly smell onions." :)

I love ya Kase!