Thursday, January 03, 2008

My Title

When I was in Idaho, visiting my Grandma, I saw a sign that really spoke to my heart. So...I made it the title of my blog. "Peace is not the absence of fear, Peace is the Presence of God". Tell me that ain't good. :) I think it is.

Tomorrow, Emily and I are hanging out. She has been a wonderful friend to me, spent many a night at my house helping me be less lonely. Tomorrow, I finally return a part of the favor. AND, we exchange gifts, I hope she likes hers.

I have a resolution for this year...to love God with all of my heart, soul, and mind. That will take care of EVERYTHING. I know that I am nowhere near, or feel that I am not what I should be as a person, a friend, a sister in the Lord, a daughter, a grand daughter, a co worker. Who knows what this year holds for me, but this year I want to hold to God more than ever. That I do know. I want healing for many things, peace, understanding, growth.

It is funny, while in Idaho, I got to spend so much more time with Honey because I wasn't gone so much. Now that I am back to work, I miss my puppy. I miss holding her and loving on her. That dog, as Damon called her, Daddy's princess, has been such a comfort. I love her and she loves me. I guess if you aren't a huge animal lover, this may sound weird. I have always looooved animals, and am such a mush mush when it comes to them. Damon loved animals, but not as much as I. But Honey, she made even him become mush mush for her. He loved her so much, and she was truly "a daddy's girl". To me she is not "just a dog" she is my friend, and my companion. She is a comfort from the Lord.

It is soooo cold. If only we would get some rain, that when it hit the freeeeeezing air, we could have "buckets of snow"...as emily would say. She would even settle for "one bucket". It was 18 degrees driving in this morning. It was 13 in Idaho a few days ago. BRRRR..

Have a good day.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVE that title! And it is SO the truth! When I first read it, i just absolutely loved it! :)

Love you Kasey!

Bekka said...

Yeah I knows what you mean...Boots was like my best friend round here for the longest time. *sigh*

Rebekah Doran said...

That is a great saying! I'll have to remember that.