Thursday, January 17, 2008

owww....

Yall please pray for me. I had to go to the dentist today. I am getting a bridge put in and today they had to do the prep work for the permanent stuff they will put in on january 31st. I was born with two teeth that had no permanent underneath the baby teeth. As long as the tooth is alive there is no problem, when i was 13ish one of the two teeth started having problems causing my gum to abscess. Thus, they pulled it. Since that time I have had a spacer to keep my teeth from shifting, I was supposed to have it removed and something permanent put in by the time I was 21...I am 25...you can imagine it was about time to get things taken care of. My gum had started to grow up around the spacer as it got bent or whatever, the thing had been in there 10 plus years...so I guess it did pretty good. well, (sorry if this is gross) they numbed me, and numbed me, and numbed me....man o man, it is still there a little bit and my appt was at 1:30. anyway...my jaw is hurting a bit now, and of course my gums are somewhat sensitive. I want my mommy. They had to drill two of my teeth (the ones on either side of the space) down to nubs and put temporary crowns on them. My poor little nubby teeth. :( i am thankful to have that spacer thing out of my gums though. This morning, before i left for the dentist, i had to fill out an OJI (on the job injury) form at work. I was delivering some tests to a school this morning, and had to carry tubs up stairs to the main office, and as I was leaving...or sometime around there...noticed a tightness in my back, then a sharp pain when I would turn to the right. I thought its probably just a muscle pull and not to report it, then I thought if there is something wrong and I don't report it, I am going to be in a mess. So, i ended up filling out the form. My back is still tight and sore, I have no idea what I did to it. That was my day. i am glad I am can still move, thank the Lord for only a pulled back muscle, some have it worse. Thank the Lord I can afford a dentist and have my teeth taken care of. In all things, I want to be found praising Him.

5 comments:

wemmies said...

Try some clove oil on the gums. It works!

Erika J. said...

that was actually useful info. i need to go to the dentist baaaaaad. i have a tooth that didn't have a permanant tooth under it. it's still there and has a huge hole in it. it's now broken down to my gum. i was curious about what they'd do to it.

Tam said...

love you kc....hope your having a great day (mom...hehe)

Grace & Co said...

I am so terrified of dentists it's not even funny! I wouldn't be able to go through what you did Kasey. You're amazing!

I hope your back starts feeling better. I think it was wise to fill out a form, just in case.

Katie said...

Love you, Kasey! And praying for you!