Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I am up

Early early early. Woke up and can't sleep. Thinking about my mistakes yesterday, how I need to change my lifestyle habits before I kill myself. So positive huh. Let me clarify, when I say change my lifestyle before I kill myself...I mean taking care of my body. How I eat, drinking water, exercise...SLEEP. I am not taking good care of my body. This is the Lord's temple, and I haven't been doing my part. I don't want diabetes or high blood pressure, I want to be healthy. Ultimately the decision is in my hands, so pray for me as I try to make those decisions. I was healthy when I was engaged because I had motivation. I wanted to be beautiful for my husband and I bought that wedding dress in a smaller size. i ate right, still didn't drink enough water though, exercised DAILY. Most times 7 days a week, and the sleep was lacking then too...but I atleast had two of four and I felt good. Plus i was in love, which I am sure helped. I WANT to take care of this body the Lord has given me, I don't want to be slack concerning this.

Secondly...I feel bad. I don't seem to know what the line is when defending myself with services providers, i.e. verizon. They were trying to convince me that I was going to have to pay an early termination fee for Damon's phone yesterday, when it specifically says you don't have to pay if a person dies. I haven't been ready to cut his line, don't know if I was yesterday really either, but needed to do it. Because he passed away over seven months ago, it seemed like they didn't want to really help me and wanted to charge me. I had to get pretty bold and I don't want to be wrong. I got kind of loud, the person told me they understood, and I told them that unless they were a widow then they didn't understand. Other people heard me, they agreed that I needed to stand up for myself. YET, I work every single day trying to be a light for Jesus, so am I wrong for being like that? I don't want to shame His name in any way. I feel bad. I just feel like I was wrong.

Just pray for me.

Today is my momma's Birthday...Happy Birthday momma. I mim u (code word for love you)

1 comments:

Erika J. said...

kasey, we have all had times that we have had to speak up for ourselves. you can't let people walk all over you. as long as you don't lose your cool, there is nothing wrong with making sure someone understands you mean what you say. if verizon is trying to make you pay for something you know you don't have to pay for, then there is nothing wrong with letting them know that you refuse to be taken advantage of. sometimes those people can be hard headed. i'd ask to speak with a manager if talking to the sale reps doesn't work.