Tuesday, April 25, 2006

What a weekend!

I will start off with Friday night, Youth convention! It was great and a huuuge blessing. The music was wonderful and the spirit of the Lord was really there! Saturday- Youth convention again, sis. Savannah Hatton (9 & 3/4 years old, and she STRESSED the 3/4 part !) preached a great message, so did sis Amy. We had two Message and Interpretations. They were encouraging from the Lord! Prayer was taken up for much requests, and God really moved. He blessed a lot and the afternoon service was wonderful too! The best youth convention I have ever been too, and I really needed it. The Spirit of the Lord was so sweet there, I don't think I have ever felt such a sweetness, and humbleness, and loving Spirit.
Saturday night- on the way home we received a call from Dave! (I know you are smiling Rachel) for those of you who don't remember, Dave is the one who conformed Rachel into redneckism! He wanted to know if we wanted to go 4 wheeling in Triune with him. So we met him at the 109 mapco and parked at the waffle house and headed out (in my church clothes, skirt/flip flops, mind you). Triune is an hour drive, first job of the night was to help his buddy get his bob cat unstuck. Hmmm....get up there, can't get it unstuck, then I find something every interesting out. The property we are on is (are you ready?) TANYA TUCKERS! Whoa...the guy he's helping takes care of Tanya's horses and barn and rides for her I think. He's like, wanna see her house?! DUH! YESS! He said she was in Talladega (sp?) or we could have met her. She has over 600 acres and the house is huuuuuuge! Wild Turkey, Deer, rolling grassy hills! I even petted George Jones horse! WHOA! He invited us back. Anyway, I was so excited that I was RIGHT IN FRONT of her house. ME, Kasey B. in front of Tanya Tuckers MANSION! It was huuuge! Her dog followed us for the longest time! Ok, back to the stuck bob cat, well Dave was going to have to winch the cat out and....guess what. He forgot his remote for it, in Old Hickory! He wasn't movin his Jimmy because he had just got it wedged in between two tree stumps to keep it steady for winching, however the one tree stump he did not know was behind us until we hit it full force...all together now *whiplash!* So, we had to take the farm truck, which had no windshield wipers and the drivers side door had no handle all the way back to Old Hickory with a u joint and master cylinder going out! We made it! On the way back we got stuck in traffic, two miles took 45 minutes. *sigh* Made it back to triune about 11:30ish. One problem after another took place, winch killed battery, jimmy wouldn't start, bob cat still stuck, 2 wheel drive pick up brought in *wincing, please not another vehicle to get stuck* finally got winch to work, jimmy still not starting...Kaseys prays...woohooo bob cat OUT and unstuck, 2 wheel drive pickup made it out! WOOHOO, now, JIMMY STARTS! WOOOHOOOO, thank you Jesus! Oh wait, did I mention no 4 wheeling had taken place yet :( and it's 2am. We decided to head home. Got in Saturday night, or shall I say sunday morning at 3am. SO FUN!

Sunday, Damon and I sang a new song together by Casting Crowns, PRAISE YOU IN THE STORM! We did pretty good PTL!

Sunday night/early Monday AM- ewwwww waking up several times, sore throat, ear hurting.

Monday 6ish, "work, I am not coming in."
Got up late around 9:30am....and beings I am convinced I have OCD, I did what I always do when I stay home. I cleaned house, I even weed eated...I can't help it :( The stuff calls to me to get done!

Well that was my weekend!

Oh yeah, wal-mart called me Sat. Morning for Orientation, but I told them I couldn't go cus I had a full time job it interfered with. She has to call me back now to set up another time. So I guess that means I kinda got the job!

8 comments:

wemmies said...

Kewl! I hope they work with your work schedule.

You have a serious Red Neck! :P

I can't believe yall stayed til 2am! GYAH!

Kasey said...

the highlight of the evening was seeing Tanyas house and her horses! Her daughter's horse is mean though, she started to pin her ears at me. GRUMPY!

I know...i stayed out into the sun to long, my neck is REALLY red :p

Momma Tammi said...

Hope your feeling better Kasey! Praying for you.

Kasey said...

I am not true redneck I don't think. That would involve marrying a family member :P

Anonymous said...

Was Tanya in Talladega, AL??? LOL, if so, that is like 25 mins from my house....... lol...
em

Kasey said...

Hey em! Yeah, that is probably right! He said Talladega!

Anonymous said...

Hey hey girl!!!
That is too cool!!! lol... Yah, Nascar is gonna be there this weekend, but people will start to flow in there a few days before the races even to start, so they can prep up and stuff... lol..
em
p.s. How is Brad doing??

Anonymous said...

What a great site Canada free video keno strategies Discount appliances refridgeration xterra custom replacement roof rack service providers best telephone deal internet uk rhode island trading Chrysler lebaron rear window regulator sylvia saint interracial blowjobs roof rack for land rover discovery gay personals Used accounting software