Friday, April 07, 2006

TGIF...Thank Goodness It's Friday!

Did I mention Friday...??? FRIDAY hhhaaaahhahah woooohoooohahahhahahahah heheeheheheheeeeeeeeeehaahahawooooohooo!

Can ya tell I'm excited! Oh buddy! Now you ask, Kasey do you have big plans? Why thank you for asking, but NO I don't. :p Now I am beginning to talk to myself. *sigh* Moving on.

I made beef stew for Brad's family last night, well I started it on Wed. night and let it simmer all day yesterday. One lady there, who will remain nameless, had THREE bowls. It was gone within 30 minutes. I brought a FULL crockpot with butter rolls on the side. They were really impressed and raved at how good it was. Why am I so happy about this? Well a) believe it or not my husband is the Beef Stew King, I have never made it all by myself. He loves making it so I usually let him. b) the last time we made beef stew to take somewhere I was in my brand new off the lot first ever brand spankin new 1 month old car when someone slammed on their brakes in front of me. I lost have the beef stew. Partly just in the trunk, the other UNDER MY SEAT that my husband had to UNBOLT and take out to get clean! My poor car smelled like stew for weeks. But hey it got rid of the new smell that made me nauseous. Back to why I am so happy they liked it, a) I made it this time and it was (i think) better than Damons' *sticks tongue out* neener, and b) it DIDN'T spill! I also made peach cobbler to take but it didn't get done in time so I just turned the oven off and let it finish slow cooking, it was perfect when we got home. I didn't have all the ingredients so I had to improvise. I have created some pretty awesome recipes by improvising. I think I am a better baker than cook. I don't know. I just love to cook all around the board! Anyway back to my recipe. I took a can of peaches ( want to can my own this year) and a box of yellow butter recipe cake mix. I strained the peaches and mixed the juice with the cake mix, one egg, two tbsp of oil. I put the peaches on the bottom, sprinkled sugar and put bits of butter on them, some marshmallows (weird I know, but it was surprisingly good) and a bit of cinnamon, then I put the cake mixture on top and let it bake. YUMMY and gooey. MMMMMM. I don't even like peaches cus of the texture, but I have been eating this. And with not adding all the extra stuff this one is a lot healthier!

Brad had to be put back on the venilator and he was throwing up most of the night. Continue to pray for him. They say he has had to many visitors and hes trying to respond somewhat so it's stressing him out. I don't believe he's allowed any visitors at this point. Pray for him, they said he's resting really well today. That is good! WOOHOOO, waiting for you Bradley!

What's the plans this weekend folks? We have tornado watches in affect this evening. I love storms! 15 people died in TN last week from Tornado's though, and I don't want to underestimate the power of one. I just like thunder, hail, rain, wind, we have even had the tornado siren go off by our house. I better hush, momma reads this and she says this stuff scares her to hear.

love you all!

10 comments:

wemmies said...

Momma has sirens going off in her area too. Yalls county has a tornado warning. Her, Morgan, and Caetie are in the hallway, bunkered down cause Morgan is scared. LOL! Poor kid. I love storms too. I don't like it at night cause I can't see... but if it is quiet and I can sleep through it I am fine. :D

I bet the 3 bowl lady was my momma! LOL!! :P

We should get together and play cards or something. *sigh* *shrugs*

Kasey said...

no...the three bowl lady is sis vivian...shhhh :P hehe. Someone said she probably hadn't eaten all day though.
My mom is freakin that we have a warning in place. I am fine, but damon says we have to put my car in the garage cus of the hail warning.
Let us know if you wanna play cards, we down with it yo! We could bring our grill and grill out maybe.

The Middle J said...

We had flash flooding, thunder, lighting and a whole lot of rain last night- it was so cool well all but the flooding :P I love storms and love after the storm even more

Unknown said...

I want to "grill out" as you guys call it!! We don't usually grill "in". :) Gotta give ya a hard time! That peach cobbler sounds so yummy!!! I'm going to have to try that. You know what I've been living off of?? Smoothies. I figured out how to make them @ home! Sooo good! And healthy to. Better than the ice cream that is sitting in the freezer. :) You sound better today. I'm glad. Eveyone has those sort of "blue funk" days.

Momma Tammi said...

Did you guys survive the tornado? Not sure where all the suburbs are around Nashville, heard one was hit with casualties, wanted to make sure that you were all okay. Give us a heads up, 'kay?

Rachel said...

Went to visit your Mama's blog, and there's nothing there! Where'd it go???

Rachel said...

P.S. You're not still mad at me cause of the 4 wheelin', are you?

Kasey said...

Mandie, I used to say BBQ instead of "grill out" here but people would look at me like I had a third eye, so rather than draw attention I conceeded. Don't worry though, if I had it my way I wouldn't be saying it :P

I don't know what happened to my mom's blog. Anyway all you have to do to read or comment on her latest post is clock on the subject on the left hand side and it brings that particular one up.

Yes, we survived the storms. We were about 15 miles from where the tornados hit the strongest, thank the Lord He kept us safe.

No I am not mad about four wheeling. I was disappointed not mad, hurt, not mad. I was so looking forward to a friend who I could hang out with and do fun stuff and instead I had to deal with a worried husband who took his emotions out on Damon and I. And it did hurt my feelings you talking about the hick stuff, cus I am a hick I guess. I prefer going four wheeling or hunting over staying home and watching a movie ANY day. I am a tom boy. But, I need to get over it. To worry about such petty stuff is not cool on my part :)I wouldn't worry about it.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
»

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP professor harold&aposs video flash cards addition mens sterlin silver id bracelet lexapro and smoking pot lamborghini diablo roadster 2002 Pre assembled awnings Remote surveillance bird awnings Go around parental control in aol Trans+am+car+cover Cheapest us life insurance