Friday, April 21, 2006

The day after....

So, as Gracie already knows, Southern Women's Show was quite interesting!
I got a pressure point massage (ooowwww) then I got a chin wrap! Have you heard of those herbal body wraps that supposedly make you lose inches within 45 minutes? Well that is what this is, it was a chin wrap and the woman who took me had just been talking about wanting to get her chin done (plastic surgery) cus she think's it sagging. I said, well here ya go! The results last 2-6 months. She says "do you wanna do it?" I gave in. So we walked around for 45 minuts with a chin wrap and a bow holding it on. Results? I lost 1/4 inch she lost 1/2 inch, and you can really tell too! I wore mine last night and my chin/neck (double chin area) looks smaller! In between all this 45 minute time we sat down for the super star cooking show. Guess who got volunteered to help, yours truly. The person I helped was....be prepared....she is....
http://www.rubylot18.homestead.com/index.html
....a he, I think. I don't know, but the food was EXCELLENT. Posting two recipes she/it/he, did last night. And I AM getting the cook book cus the food was sooo good.

RUBY ANN’S CHEESY PIGGYBACK CHICKEN
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic salt
4 skinless boneless chicken breast
4 oz Gruyere cheese, cubed
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons chives, chopped
½ red onion, chopped
2 tablespoons minced garlic
8 slices bacon, cooked

Put the oil in a skillet and place on a medium-high heat burner. When it gets hot, add the onion powder and garlic salt. Stir and let it set for 30 seconds. Carefully add the chicken breast, cover, and cook for six minutes on each side. Cut into the middle of the breasts to make sure that they are white all the way through. If it ain't, let the bird fry in the oil a little longer. Drain on a paper towel.

While the chicken fries, put the cheese and butter into a pot and place on medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Once the cheese melts, add the chives, red onion, and minced garlic. Stir well and take off the heat.

Place two chicken breast on a plate, top each with two bacon slices and cheese sauces.


FANCY TRAILER PARK TATORS
1 lb Velveeta Cheese, cubed
2 c Mayonnaise
2 lb Frozen Hash Brown potatoes Defrosted about 15 min.
1/2 lb Bacon, cooked & crumbled

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt Velveeta in microwave. Stir, and add mayonnaise and hash browns to cheese. Mix well. Put into a 9 X 13 inch shallow baking dish and top with bacon. Bake, uncovered for 40-60 min. until bubbly, golden brown, and cooked in the middle.

I helped with the trailer park tators, yummmmmmmmmy!

We got free Ice cream and I have a new favorte (grreat, just what I need for my diet) its by Mayfield, blueberry pie. YUMMMMMY! Oh my! Anyway, we told Damon we would be home around eight. Got hom at 9:30. We didn't leave the show until closing time which was 8pm, then Judy took me to Olive Garden. Judy is the lady's name. Man I was spoiled! She bought my ticket, my chin wrap, she bought this grill thing buy one get one free and gave me the other one, she bought me olive garden. I only spent 5 dollars on praline fudge that I think I might send to momma!

Needless to say I had a fun night!

I know...background is still funny, I am having a hard time finding a pic I like.

peace out!

9 comments:

Katie said...

You CRACK me up....Yes please send me the fudge, better for my diet than yours...tee hee, momma.

Kasey said...

no more comments from the peanut gallery gracie! Sheesh, can make NO ONE HAPPy :p

wemmies said...

I told her the same thing. When she posts just make her font bigger and bolder adn it will be cool. I think she don't know how to do that. :P

I told you you would like the show! KEWL!

Kasey said...

I know how...nanana boo boo! Seee lookey!

Kasey said...

y'alls jus jealous...that's what it is!

wemmies said...

Don't fuss at me about comments and posting when I have posted 3 things and you haven't replied! >:P

Rebekah Doran said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a great time and all paid for to boot. Cool!

Rachel said...

Kasey! Where are ya? It's Monday, and I look for a new post from you, but no! You're missing in action!

Wish I hadn't had to miss out hanging out with you guys this past weekend. We'll have to do it again soon.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... discount mexican pharmacy that sells modafinil or provigil Groups+india+female+domination dvd player buy didrex Online uk bingo Community sex offender watch list Pdq cancer webhosting Lawson car sales Chemistry free bingo game Ins life primerica Tv stations in omaha ne Poker bot autoplay http://www.tax-code.info Tooth whitening akron Tennis instruction faucet play free slots zithromax