Monday, April 03, 2006

LADIES DAY, ALABAMA, PRAYER

To say I had a busy weekend is an under statement.

Before I get into my weekend, I would ask that you all pray for Brad Moore. He is a member at Antioch. A lot of you (outside of TN) may know him, he's a very engaging guy and has not met a stranger. You would remember him for his craziness and willingness to make you feel welcome! He was in a very severe car accident early Sunday morning, around 1:30am. He was heading home from a friends concernt in the fast lane of the interstate. Apparently a 1 ton dully pickup had just broke down in the fast lane and the people were still in the truck, from my understanding. According to what his cousin Tommy was told, Brad did not see the truck until right before he hit it, it looks like he tried to swerve and miss it right before the point of contact. He was in a nissan sentra and his airbag did not deploy. He was life flighted to Vanderbilt hospital and his family was notified around 5:30am Sunday morning. He has the worse kind of brain stem injury possible. He was wearing his seatbelt, and miraculously the rest of his body is fine. His bones are fine, his organs are fine, everything is fine with the exception of his severe head injury. His family said he looked like a normal sleeping brad before the swelling started to set in. At this point he is unresponsive. But we understand with this kind of injury that no news or changes early on, are a good thing. Please please pray for him, if you have not already seen this request on other blogs and myspaces'. He is only 25. In my heart of hearts I feel like he will be ok. When the tragedy happened with Brother Tracy in Nov of 04, right away I had a bad gut feeling that it would not turn out good. With Brad, I have felt like he will be ok pretty much from the beginning. I don't wanna give people false hope, or even say I am right. I just am going by my gut feeling inside. I told sister Campbell what I thought, she looked at me really funny and said "you KNOW that, don't you?" Kind of like she understood in a weird way. *getting gooseybumps* We were at the hospital from whenever we got back from Alabama to just after 6:30pm last night. There were lots of people there showing support! In addition to family, there were probably 30-40 more people! Just pray for Brad, the prognosis they gave him, even after surviving, is not good. They say he will never be able to live a normal unassisted life again, like Tammy Hart said....that's not good enough! My God is bigger than that! She's right, our God is the God of Moses who crossed through the Red Sea on dry land, He can for sure touch Bradley's head and brain stem. AMEN! You never know when life will change, I need to learn to live everyday, not taking a single person, moment, or day for granted.

After that it seems kind of weird to blog about anything else.

I will make it quick.

All three boys spent the night Friday night, we watched Napoleon Dynomite.
Saturday, I had only planned on dropping my food off that I was asked to bring and maybe staying for a little bit of Ladies day. Well I got there and just ended up staying the whole time! I was surprised to see my Best Friend from way back there! Tammy H.! Well, I ended up having this grand idea that I should take her home! I called Damon and beeegggged and he finally gave in! So Tammy rode home with me to the house, I packed a quick over night bag and got the portable DVD player and chicken little, and we headed out! Got into Alabama around 8:30, we stayed up watching TV and talking until about midnight! We got the news about Brad the next morning from Chris. We headed back out around noon with Lydia crying as we left (she is soooo cute) and made it into Nashville by around 2 I think. Maybe earlier, then we were at the hospital until 6:30ish. It was a busy weekend, with lots of ups and downs. Ladies day was the highlight, as was Tammy, Brad's news was the bad part, yet in the bad I can see the Glory of whats to come.

love you all, love like no one is watching.