Thursday, January 01, 2009

So Many Thoughts

But mainly, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! It is 2:43 AM. Goodness. Emily and I went to the Watch Night Service to pray in the new year. Ten years ago tonight, I stepped into The Church of God for the very first time. So many things and experiences have happened since then. Feels like a lifetime ago. God has done so much for me, and been so very near to me. I realize more and more how human I am and how much MORE of God I need every day to make it through whatever may come my way. God has called all of His children to live a holy and consecrated life. He is our loving Father, and just as our real life Daddy's would correct us and guide us in the proper way, our Heavenly father does too. I need Him everyday, I need His guidance. My friend Tammy H. wrote a song about praying yourself out of being human. How some days it would be so nice if you could just pray yourself out of being human. I feel like I am rambling and not getting my point across. I just want a new year of being DIRECTLY in the center of HIS WILL. To remain faithful, and to serve with my all. No excuses, and no holding back. So many things I would love to see happen this new year.

After service we went to walmart for sparkling cider. YUM. Then, we went to try and get some food. But the only place that was open for what Em wanted, had a long line. So, we came home. Then I played more of my new game for the wii, and got frustrated. Emily was looking up hints for me, and getting frustrated just watching me. Finally about 20 mins ago, I gave up. I think I am about to conquer the game because its gotten very difficult and I keep losing. Can start later.

I really need prayer with my temper. Maybe its my frustration level...who knows...but I really want to change in my response time. God gave me two ears and one mouth for a reason, I'm thinking. Listen more, talk less. I really need help with that. The Bible says He will perfect that which concerneth me. I want that. We all have nuiances that need fine tuned. Parts of our personalities are just simply us, but we can, by HIS grace and mercy, fine tune them into holiness. So...just because I tend to be the dominant quick responding personality, God can help me to use those traits for good. Not for frustration.

2 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

Happy new year!!!!!! Love you!!!

~Amy said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :D