Sunday, January 18, 2009

Garlic-Spicy??

I didn't know Garlic was spicy. SHEW. I did what you said sis Peter. I am not sure if I did my garlic the right way, I just minced it in the food processor, till it was fairly fine. Then added the lemon juice and honey. I don't know how much I am supposed to take, but WHOA. That stuff is STRONG. Seriously strong. Tell me two teaspoonfuls is enough. :) Hope I made it right. Any advice?? I am now drinking a blend of apple juice and water and some honey, that I heated up. It is taking some of the taste away.

5 comments:

Rebekah Doran said...

Yeah, Garlic is some pretty strong stuff, but it really helps. The more you take the better it works.

If you have a hard time taking the raw garlic, you can try the capsules. I take them with every meal and before bed when I am starting to feel like I'm catching something or have already got a cold.

wemmies said...

Garlic is very spicy! haha. Have you never put a little chunk on your tongue? YEOWZA!

Bobbinoggin said...

A lot of the recipes I have that call for minced garlic, normally measure it by the clove, not the teaspoon.

The most I recall using for a recipe is 4 med. garlic cloves.

You can also get a tool just for mincing garlic cloves. You don't even have to peel it. Just stick it in there and squeeze out the garlic. Kind of reminds me of the same look as popping a massive zit!

connie said...

Well, you could do like Nathan. He fixes about 6 cloves and just pops them in his mouth and chomps them up. He likes hot things, so he just lets it heat up and waits for it to cool down (which he says takes awhile because of his braces-- they just hold it all there as the garlic gets stuck in the wires).

Some garlic is stronger than others. But you just have to tough it out. Take a drink of water or something to help a little bit.

Try to cut out sugar, especially when you are sick. Sugar slows down your immune system and garlic speeds up your immune system.

Raw spinach is also a good booster. Eat a big spinach salad or make spinach applesauce (you can eat more if it is blended up with an apple).

Lay off all dairy products.

Grace & Co said...

Your background is beautiful!!