Sunday, January 18, 2009

Yahoo

I am feeling much better. I know I still have some symptoms, and when sick it is worse at night, but I do want to thank the Lord and your for your prayers that my ears arent all that plugged anymore. I have been eating lots of garlic and smell like it to, yum yum :/ its my new perfume. I plan on taking two more teaspoonfulls of that home made cough syrup sis Connie told me about. Strangely I highly prefer the taste of it above regular store bought cough medicine. Even if it is rather, or shall I say, HIGHLY garlicy. I was bad tonight though...I had dairy and sugar together...I made myself a latte. It was rather good, a bit strong, but good none the less. I haven't made one since Emily left, and I wanted to put my espresso maker to use.

Today was really good. My dad made an amazing dinner. Shew, it was so good. We hardly ever eat out on Sunday after church because 9 times out of 10, dad will have Sunday Dinner waiting for us when we get home. AWWW...:) Todays Menu was my favorite so far.

Buffalo steak seasoned with coarse pepper and I think garlic, whatever it was... YUM! His superb and highly requested Scalloped potatoes, pasta with alfredo sauce, and Salmon Chowder.

I just realized there wasn't anything green. HMM...oh well, there were veggies in the chowder. Doesn't that sound good??? And his Sunday meals are always like that...meaning, not just something quick. He really cooks and spends time on things. He is a really good cook. I made dessert. No Bake Cookies. I think they have another name in the South, I'm not sure.

I have had one email back about a job, asking me to fill out their company application. It is about ten minutes from my house. For a financial planning company. Still nothing on the job with the school district that I want. But, it is all in God's hands. My worrying doesn't help, nor solve anything. Trying to remember to LEAVE IT IN JESUS' HANDS!

Tomorrow I will have ten days left at my current job. I am sad because of lack of income, but it will be nice not to drive so far anymore. Sad because of the friends I have made there. I hope I have let my light shine there. A world full of people hurting and in need of Jesus. Healer of hearts. I hope I have helped someone, not hindered, by my witness.

Well, that is all, good night!!

3 comments:

connie said...

Sis. Kasey,
You probably did just fine with the cough syrup. If I put mine in my blender, the honey sticks to the bottom and nothing gets mixed up. So I just measure everything into a 2 cup measuring cup and my mixer beaters fit into that or now that I have a hand blender, I put that into the 2-cupper.
The garlic only has to be sliced up, because the mixer or blender or food processor will break it down some more.

I go around to Ernie and Nathan with Tablespoons and say open up. I give them each a Tblsp. But sometimes we just pour some into a small cup and drink it up.
I guess 1 Tblsp is equal to 3 teaspoons, so you are doing fine. Take as often as you can.
I try to take my garlic after I come in from work, or before I go to bed. Then it has some chance to wear off before work in the morning.

I'm glad to hear that you like it better than store bought.
Are you feeling any better?
I had 2 cloves straight and plain last night and 1 already tonight. There is just so much stuff going around, and I hate to make substitute teacher lesson plans. I don't want to get sick, so going the preventative way.
:)

Unknown said...

we call them preacher cookies in our family because if you hear that your preacher is coming over in a bit, you can mix up the cookies and have them ready by the time the preacher gets there..

but i know other southerns call them cow patties. i just can't do that, though.

praying for you, kasey!

Jessa Stephens said...

Oh my goodness! That meal your dad made sounds amazing!!!!!!!! Wow.......

Been praying that God will give you that perfect job!!