Saturday, August 23, 2008

Memphis

Yesterday, on my lunch hour, My Aunt and I tried a restaurant called Memphis. Soul Food. I have to say...YUM. I felt like I was in the south again, as far as food goes. I got the Black Eyed Pea Casserole...description: a stratum of fragrant tomato sauce, Italian sausage, jalapenos, sweet cornmeal and beans with black eyes. I took that from a online web review, but it also had beef in it I think. Whatever it was, it was yummy. Then for dessert, I had a fried peach pie. I dont normally like peach pie...I like the flavor of peaches but the texture kinda, well, I just don't like it. But this was so good. They had mashed the peaches up so they werent stringy, but just yummy. I would really like to make going there a once a week thing, because I so miss soul food. Idaho cooks differently, yes its probably more healthy, but southerners- shew they know how to cook some good food. haha The owners are originally from Memphis too, which helps!

I am really enjoying my job, it has gotten better and better. I think I will like it. I will still need to get used to parking and getting home later, but other than that I think I will continue to like it. Praise the Lord!

I was so lazy this morning, ugh. I woke up then went back to sleep...not getting out of bed until 11:30 ish. Each day is a gift, we will never get it back. I don't want to waste anything the Lord gives me. I know sleeping in occassionally is okay, but I don't want to make it a habit. :)

Well, momma is almost here, and I need to get ready. I am thinking of doing some baking today, and house cleaning. Love yall.

1 comments:

~Amy said...

Sounds like something I'd like too. Mmmmmmm....

I like both ... northern and southern cooking, but I try to go with the healthier options as much as I can.

Now Anthony's a different story. He's about to go out of his mind up here with very little opportunities to order sweet tea and fried squash to be found except in in my kitchen, of course. He's such a baby. ;-)

Glad you're enjoying your job. Makes it easier going to work every day, huh?

Well, have a great Saturday. Love ya.