Monday, August 04, 2008

Freezer Jam

I decided not to dry the apricots...and just make freezer Jam. Though I love the idea of being domestic, and like the finished product, the middle part gets to me. And, the apricots had gone way downhill, just from yesterday. So I blanched them then peeled the skins off and depitted them, then squished it all, strained the juice and added the freezer jam pectinc stuff and splenda. I think I might regret the splenda part. Real sugar just tastes better. All that work and one messy kitchen later, I got two 1.5 quart containers of apricot freezer jam. I think thats the measurement, not sure...Hopefully it will be good.

1 comments:

crystal said...

wow sounds gross...how goes it kautious kasey??? yes i got ur message but my schedule is crazy and when i think about getting back to u it's about lunch time 2am....sooo I wait and then i get busy and forget....sry...so u want me to visit...cool, sounds like a ton of fun...I'm booked for the next month and then well talk about it more, and again sry for the lack of communication, Im not good at it....later chick....