Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cookies

I made cookies last night. Because I go to work so late in the day, that means I don't get home until the evening...so, I made cookies around 10pm'ish last night. I took a recipe from the WMB Cook Book and tweeked it a bit. One because I didn't have vanilla extract (I keep forgetting to buy more) so I used almond, and two because I wanted chocolate chip cookies. The recipe was easy sour cream cookies. They are pretty good and fluffy. I really like gooey cookies, but dont know how to get that. Mine are either flat or fluffy, never gooey. Any suggestions??

Man, we had a storm here yesterday. Coming home on the freeway last night, you could see where the storm was, it was so dark and just weird looking. I wondered if maybe there was a tornado, but there wasn't. It was super windy though, so I unhooked the sides of my canopy so it didnt blow away.

Well, another day to praise the Lord, need to get off here and get ready for work. I like saying that...:)

2 comments:

~Amy said...

I think it's something to do with the temp of the batter when you put it on the cookie sheet. If I'm not mistaken, the colder the batter the better.

Also, are you measuring the flour or baking soda too heavy?

And make sure you're not baking them for too long.

This is coming a person who's not so great at baking, so take it for what it's worth. It's just some things I've tried that have helped me a little bit. ;-)

Jessa Stephens said...

I REALLY, REALLY like your background!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, cookies sound really good.....mmmmmmmmmmm

So lady, whatcha wanna do for your upcoming b-day?????? ;) email me. =)