Thursday, May 15, 2008

Testimony Time

I don't know who reads and doesn't read Emily's blog (live journal) but she posted about what happened to Honey last night. Mom and I were heading home from a friends house and were turning the corner pretty slowly, as I had the dogs in the bed of the truck with the camper shell on and the one side window open. I was only going about 10 miles an hour when I heard honey make the noise she usually makes when getting after Abby to leave her alone. Except it lasted longer than normal. I looked in my rear view mirror and Honey was in the road. I imediately stopped the truck and got out, I called her and she started to come to me but very slowly (understandable). She started going into shock. I freaked out, my poor baby girl fell out of the truck and I all I could think about is her going into shock, and dying on me. She then had three seizures. I had already called the vet, he asked if she was breathing normally, yes, was she bleeding, no, was she able to move, yes. He said just to watch her. She has had seizures before, she has three of them in a matter of 15 minutes, then none for another month to three months. But, because of the height of the fall, and this being my BABY...that dog is a gift from my husband, a piece of what he left me...ugh...she is part of my heart, I called him back. He was concerned whenI mentioned seizures...so he tested her eyes, and her pupils were responding a little to slowly, which meant a slight concussion. He wanted to keep her over night to monitor her. He gave her some sort of shot, I think steroids to keep the swelling on her brain (from the concussion) down, and two doses of valium to make her sleep and not try to chew on the iv. I felt so horrible, I shouldn't have had that window open. They have ridden with it open before, no problem. I just praise the Lord it wasn't on a busy street, I wasnt going any faster, and that she is okay. She is pretty much her old self right now. I love my doggy. Thank You Lord for keeping her safe. I realize that He alone kept her.

3 comments:

Tam said...

Thank the Lord!

Hey, thanks again for calling yesterday...love ya!

Erika J. said...

I'm glad Honey is okay!

Valerie said...

Awww! Glad she is alright.