Monday, May 26, 2008

Memories

I want to start some type of new tradition. I read Crystals blog tonight and it brought back a great memory from her and em's apt.. We had made a donut run I believe, healthy I know...I think it was emily, megan, and I. Or maybe Crystal, Em and I. I don't know...anyway whoever it was, we were walking from the apartment to get into the car and all the sudden, outa nowhere this cat starts meowing really loud and coming after us, pretty fast. It was kinda freaky! Not like a normal hi kitty kitty, but either I am really hungry please feed me cat, or a cat with rabies. So, when I went to leave that night to head home, I had crystal walk me to my car because I was scared to go out into the dark with "that cat" around. Poor kitty, I hope it was okay, and simply was friendly. Not hungry or sick. Anyway, that was just a funny memory I wanted to share. I thought it might be cool (back to the new tradition part) to start posting random memories on my blog.

Today was really busy. I am totally tired and ready for bed. Momma spent the night last night, and got up early to help me with my yard and finish the landscaping. The last three days have been working on my yard for some amount of time and in some way. My body is sore, and i am sunburned, but thankful to have a place to call my own. It's slowly coming together. I am hoping to have it done before Thursday, we shall see.

Had a Memorial Day BBQ today. The chicken was sooo yummy. I marinated it all morning, and that charcoal adds a grrrreat flavor. I even cooked some onions in foil over the grill. YUM YUM. My cousin and I made a flag cake. The frosting on that thing, man, or should I say, SHEW. Good stuff.

I am missing my husband right now. He, besides the Lord, was my everything. God, Damon and my Family. I won't complain, God saw fit to give Damon his reward sooner than I had planned, and I know God makes special provision for me, so I am truly thankful. He saw before I ever was born that I would have the PRIVILEGE to marry that wonderful man, and also to be his widow. For som reason He saw fit for me to go through this, and He PROMISES us He will NEVER give us more than we can take, so I know I will make it, and God has been super gracious through this time. I also know, God understands that this is natural to miss my sweet Damon. So, I do, I miss him with all of my heart and soul. I miss his love and all that he was, all that we were as one. I gave Damon my heart, actually...he stole it, the little booger. Man that boy, I love him. Mushy, yes. But still, I LOVE LOVE LOVE him. I wish he was here. Though, I think he might smack me if I prayed him back from Heaven. :)

3 comments:

Tam said...

I smiled when I read the part about Damon smacking you if you prayed him back from Heaven. That was funny!

love ya

emily said...

Crystal has a blog?!

Unknown said...

it was me! :) cause ya'll made me sit in the back seat holding this yummy box of dounuts and wouldn't let me eat one. and then we stopped by our place on the way back and gave one to micah