Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sore Feet, Sore Doggies, One in the Same

Sore Feet: got tired feet today from hauling the rock to put down in my flower bed areas. Man, that stuff was heavy. I used my old truck, the one Damon and I drove back to TN from Idaho when we got married. It is a 3/4 ton heavy duty diesel pickup. Another words, its a tough cookie. I got two cubic yards of river rock, and by the time I was loaded, the truck was squatted down quite a bit. Thank the Lord, my cousins Marissa and Josh, I guess Josh is a cousin-in-law, he's her husband...anyway they came over and helped me get some of it done. We had to quit because it started to rain, but wouldn't you know, two hours later it was all sunny again. I put a little more rock out, I stress the word "little". I was up until 3:30 last night, or should I say this morning....cleaning house, reading...so on. I am a total night person, I do better to get things done and stay up late then aim to get up early and try to accomplish anything. So by the time we had done laid the amount of rock we did, I was pretty tired and slept for about two and a half hours. So when I got up I laid about 5 more shovel fulls of rock and quit for the night. Its a long process. Back to the title, my feet started hurting from stooping and moving a lot, well you know how feet can also be called "doggies" that leads me to the next topic. My real doggy, Abby. She is home from the vet. They gave me instructions to keep her from running, out of water, restrict amounts of water and food to small amounts at a time. That has been a challenge, all of the above has been a challenge with this energizer bunny a.k.a. Abby. No running, yeah right, no water...leash at my parents place for now, as they have a ditch she LOVES to jump and play in. As for the food and water part, she is convinced shes starving, or atleast crazy hungry. She laps and laps water. Poor doggy. I have to tell her no this, no that. No playing Abby, No running Abby, No jumping Abby. No thats enough food Abby, Abby come here that's enough water. She must be thinking, MOM, can I do anything??? Poor baby girl. She forgets (course' I guess she can't really forget since she doesn't know I am giving her any medicine) that had I not given her the pain meds, she would be feeling everything she does. I am thankful to the Lord that she seems to be fairing well and for the most part her normal self.

2 comments:

emily said...

I'm glad she's doing okay. Soon she will be able to do all that she's used to. Can't wait to see all the work you've done. I'm sure it's beautiful.

Michael said...

well i guess it bout time i said somfin to you again well here i go again well i got both speakers working in the truck and i even got the ac workin again. well i figured ud like to hear the good news luv ya buh bye.