Thursday, May 08, 2008

A Good Devotion

WE SHOULD RECOGNIZE LIFE AS A PRECIOUS RESOURCE

Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
ECCLESIASTES 12:6,7

The silver cord, golden bowl, water jar, and pulley symbolize life's fragility. How easily death comes to us; how swiftly and unexpectedly we may return to the dust from which we came. Therefore, we should recognize life as a precious resource to be used wisely and not squandered frivolously.

I thought that was something good to think on today. I haven't had much to write about I guess. Just everday things happening lately, and I am blessed in life. I still miss my dear husband. God is good, and has done much for me, so though at times I would like to, what right do I have to grumble and complain. No right at all. I hope everyone has a great thursday, and may the Lord keep you today.

0 comments: