Monday, July 10, 2006

Totally Ruled!

Convention was soooo awesome. Okay, I had really been praying and wanting to go to Convention and every option I thought of and mentioned to Damon it was NO....no.no.no...nonono. *sigh* Well, my mil (mother in law) had a bridal shower to go to in a town just outside of Chatteeenooga. I decided to drive her, because her MS doesn't afford her the ability of driving to safely. She makes ME nervous. Anyway, we decided we would go to convention for Saturday night. I was excited! Apparently though, there was a bit of a miscommunication, because she planned on staying over night. I didn't know this. When she mentioned this, we were already an hour (ish) out of old hickory and had left late as it was, so we couldn't turn around. Well, this was an answer to prayer that God had already worked out, I just NEVER expected it to come about like this! So Not only did I get to go to Convention Saturday night AND Sunday morning, I got to buy new cuuuuuuute clothes to boot, cus I didn't have anything to wear for the next day. And the skirt I bought, I had been wanting for a long time. And, to top that off, the skirt was even on sale for about 3-5bucks off! Even MEGAN, aka Miss Fashion, told me I looked cute! Go me! So thank You Jesus for caring about even my little requests, and making part of my dreams reality! I appreciate and praise You!

While we were at service Saturday nightm which was amazing, I mean AMAZING, by the way...Sis Shanna, whom I don't really know, came up to me and said (something to this effect) "I don't know why I'm doing this, I have never done this before, but I want to obey God. I need to tell you that, God knows your heart. He wanted me to tell you that". My first reaction was that of a good one yet a bis perplexed. Lately, I have been feeling like my life is up in the air. The prayers I pray for remain unanswered, I feel like "God where is the open door You want me to go through, they are ALL closed". So I felt like when she said that, He wanted me to know He knows my heart, my desires, and He a) cares, and b) is most definitely still there. It was a nice feeling. Then I got to wondering, do I have secret sin or something. I don't know. Now I am worrying about it. I am bothered today. I have had bad dreams this whole weekend. I prayed this morning and felt like I couldn't reach the ceiling with my prayers. Jesus help me. Back to convention. It was most probably the most amazing convention I have been too. The Lord REALLY moved and worked. If you missed it, you missed out. The Lord's spirit was really there in a most convicting, yet comforting way. It was really nice. If I could figure out how to post audio stuff, I could post part of sis Jackson's message. Oh yeah, I looove the Jackson rendition of Farther Along!

At any rate, we got home around 7ish last night. I had Mickey Donalds, watched a bit of TV, and ended up getting to bed after 11. *sigh*. I got up late, but thank the Lord, I managed to read and pray before I left.

Have a good monday.