Friday, July 28, 2006

It was...Interesting

When a certain chain of events happen all in one period of time, it makes things quite interesting. Within a period of 2 hours I had SEVERAL things happen last night. Poor Michael (my nephew) got chicken juice all over him and he said it made him look like he had "pooped out the wrong end" (pardon the grossness). I had asked both he and brittany to hold the two trays of chicken I had just boiled (after it had marinated all day) so that it would be mostly cooked before putting it on the grill. Well apparently some juicies WITH marinade decided to spill all in michaels lap. The poor boy, he was NOT happy. The SECOND thing to happen was TOMMY CAMPBELL! I was out their grilling (at our church we have a big lot and it goes down into the woods so you feel sorta secluded, thats where I was) minding my own business when all the sudden I hear something behind me. I turn around and I freaked and screamed "TOMMY CAMPBELL!!" he said "you have a caniption?" GRRRRRR, YES! I don't do well being sneaked up on. I am a SCREEEAMER! THIRD thing that happened, WHILE Tommy is still out there salivating over my chicken, which he mentioned that he could smell all the way at the parking lot when you pull up. Anyway...third thing, I was turning the chicken and one dropped to the ground. I thought, okay I will just throw it to the bushes, NOOO Mr. Tommy Campbell picks it up dusts it off, and puts it BACK on the grill. I said "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" He said "why not?! This is medieval times, if they can eat marshmallows covered in mustard, a little dirt isn't going to hurt em'!" *sigh* *rubs forhead* So, a little while later he went back up to the sanctuary and I secretly peeled off all the mess. Sho nuff, he asked me later if I had thrown it away, I said no, I just cleaned it up real good. So...if anyone reading this bit into some wood or leaves...blame him. *innocent smile* He even had the idea to not say anything, then whoever got the chicken, if they handled it with a good spirit to give them $5. I don't think anyone got it though. FOURTH thing to happen. I have three words...CPR...WENDY PAGE! Not only did I dive to save a ball and miss and land on my face (which is no easy task as a fat girl) but I was dived upon and given heart pumps and mouth to mouth by a CLOWN aka Wendy. Okay...she had her face painted as a clown. Anyway, I need to thank her for her heroics, without her I would be....uhh emmm errr..."un cpr'd"! :) Oh and somewhere in this story there is a fifth thing which might qualify as fourth really, but for the sake of not wanting to retype I will make it the fifth thing! I had the brilliant Idea to create a "Jacob's Ladder". It's a game I saw at the Ren. Fest awhile back. They build a rope ladder you have to climb that isn't very well secured at the bottom. It's REALLY hard. Well SHOUT OUT to Brandon shaw for making the thing with all those knots and such, without him I would have had NO idea what to do. AND thanks to TYLER Shaw for helping get that thing put up! We had a two hundred lb weight limit on it. But I was surprised to find it was almost the star of the show. EVERYONE seemed to love it, and wanted to climb on it. Here is the 5th thing part coming in. Someone asked Vicky if she wanted to climb she politely declined and said we would have to end up rescuing her after she fell and was stuck upside down. HOWEVER her adventurous sister aka our VLB leader aka KIM decided she WOULD climb it. IN a skirt. She made it the first level and gave up. She did get stuck in the mean time and we had to hold it still and get her out of the thing. Was quite the sight! 6Th thing to happen. I looove volleyball and I am fairly good at it. I make my mistakes, but for the most part I am pretty good. I serve over hand, more so like what they do in high school , college, and beach pro playing. (I am fo sho not as good as that, but the style) anyway...last night after it was almost dark and most of the players had left my team started doing all these weird antics to try to psych the other team out. We would line up like a firing squad then throw the ball back and forth until one would serve and catch the other team off guard. Well this particular time Chandler had the idea to throw it from Chels to Jordan to him and he would throw it up high enough for me to hit like my serve without me catching it and then throwing it up to serve. It was complicated. Here we go...Chels to Jordan to Cha to oooh here it comes WHAM! Oh my goodness! It was picture perfect and one of my best serves ever and not to mention an ACE! They had no idea what hit'em! GO us!

Okay...so AFTER reading that...I hope you can deduct that last night was NOT A failure but instead a TOTAL success! Hallelujah! ANd thank the Lord, we were given a forecast of 50/50 chance of storms, but God kept the rain away. OH MAN I PRAYED! We were outside and I NEEDED the sunshine! Yay! It was beaaautiful!

Oh and in closing. The 2006 Champion of Costumes for TCOG Antioch, TN is *drum roll please* WENDY PAGE! She was the damsel in distress! She had the castle, the damsel, the hat, and she worked it ALL OUT! *OH SNAP!*

1 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Sounds like you an absolutely wonderful time! Thanks for sharing it all...some of it was quite comical with my very active imagination working overtime! I could just see some of those things happening. ~smile~