Thursday, July 27, 2006

First things first...

Pray.

Pray for:
TCOG
Assembly
Brother & Sister Smith & Family
Sister Dupre and family
Bradley and Family
Erika's health
VBS @ antioch
that I will NOT get another headache, which I have had off and on for over a week'ish
the kids will have fun tonight @ VBS (silently wonders "am I old now if I am referring to teenagers as "kids"?)
Our unsaved loved ones will get saved.
I have some special unspokens
oh...and the strength to make it at wal-mart for ONE more month.

Okay...now for recap of last night. Ever been a total failure? I have. As of July the 26th, 2006...Kasey was officially a failure as Rec. leader. I cried. The kids loved the stuff two years ago, I did something similar and had to basically pull teeth just to get a FEW involved. The last game I had 3 of 15 participate! I was sooo bummed. I spent so much time and money all to go down the drain! It's not to glorify me, I guess I just take it so personal when I put my heart and soul into things. Kim talked to me and made me feel better. But if tonight goes bad...Kasey is taking a break. I can only handle so much rejection in one week.

Tonight is the medieval fair. We are having jousting, bow and arrow shoot, bobbing for apples, jacobs ladder climb, face painting, grilled chicken drumsticks (which are marinating right now), hotdogs....and I think thats it. After that we will probably play volleyball. Hmmm...I need to find the face paint. *worries*

I woke up at 3am with a SPLITTING headache. Everyway I turned it made it worse. Except for lying flat on my back, which I DO NOT like to do. GRRR. I got up, read my Bible, prayed, went back to bed and layed there. I think I finally fell asleep around 4am. I need to get up around 5:15...but that came way to early. So I got up at 6ish. I was a bit late to work, but that's okay.

Anyhoo.....how is everyone in blog world. I hope all is well.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Yeah...their were two people who REALLY disappointed me. But I won't name names and I won't dwell on it. Kim said not to let them see my frustration or let them know they got to me (or something like that)

Just pray it goes good tonight, that the games come together good, and people get involved. I will be so broken hearted if this fails too. I am kinda worrying. Have been this morning.

Anonymous said...

Poor Sister Kasey! I understand. Been there done that many times.
All the advice in the world couldn't change my feelings of hurt. Just had to give it God, pull my britches up and go on.
I figure surely as many failures ( I am not saying that you were a failure.:0)) as I have sooner or later it will be my turn to do something successful for Christ.
What hurts is that you just want to be a blessing and not a stumble stone and when things like that happen it crushes you.
Also take in consideration that this is a hard time right now and I have noticed alot of people including myself, not acting their normal selves. So I cut them breaks hoping they'll do the same for me.

I love you,
Sis. Net