Friday, July 14, 2006

Steak, Interviews, and American Idol

Sup Blog Homies?

American Idol 6 auditions- There are two locations I can go to.
August 21- The BJCC, Birmingham, Alabama
September 3- FedEx Forum, Memphis, Tennessee

The latter is the sunday of assembly. I don't want to miss assembly for that. So really my only option is bama. Should I do it? It would be exciting. Need a song though. I really would like to do "His Eye is on the Sparrow" like it was done in sister act (the original). Thinking about asking Brother Jackson to help me.

Interview went okay...Not great, not horrible. I have mixed feelings. I interviewed with the owner of the company. Its an upper scale employment agency, and he has two positions he would like to look into for me. Both would be companies that would hire me full time. The one I am not as interested in is located in Brentwood and the company is based out of the United Kingdom. It starts at $15-16 an hour. It is for a pharmaceutical company that has a new drug they are pushing for FDA approval, the drug is for oncology aka cancer. It sounds okay, the drive is OKAY...everything is okay except you have to dress REALLLLLLLY nice. Those of you who REALLY know me, know that I am a super country girl. I don't even like fixing my hair every day. My favorite shoes are flip flops. I would have to get a whole new wardrobe!....hmmm okay, maybe this isn't a bad idea LOL. The other job which I am MORE interested in is for a moving company. Pay starts at 13-14$ an hour and dress is business casual, which I can handle. It is in a field which I have been working since high school pretty much. Logistics. The thing that bothers me is not so much the jobs, because you are ALWAYS nervous about new job prospects, least I am. It's the fact that I have already been asked to lie about my wage, so they can get me more. And yesterday, the guy was talking to me about scheduling and interview for these companies and just to tell my work that I had a doctors appointment or something to go to, then he paused and said "or personal business". I think he remember I told him I went to church or something. I don't like being told to lie. AND...haha...here's the big thing...he CHANGED my resume objective. My goal so to say. My goal describes me to a T! HE CHANGED IT, because it didn't sound professional enough! What he changed it to is NOT me. I realize he was trying to help, but if i wanted it to say, what he changed it too...I would have done it myself. I just don't know...pray that if it is NOT God's will for me to get these jobs, then I won't. Because this kind of money could talk, and I don't want it whispering in my ear if I am not sposed' to listen.

Now...about dinner. LIP SMACKIN GOOD, if I do say so myself!
I made steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and garlic bread. YUM-O! The steaks I got were really nice and tender, they happened to be on sale at Kroger which helped and they were CHEAP! One was 2 something the other was 3 something, and I am talking BIG steaks. Damon and I shared one and had plenty! He even said it was better than his apple bees steak. I made a home made rub. I mixed brown sugar, curry, ginger, cinnamon, seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion salt, and black pepper. Then I mixed that all together really good. I took a meat hammer to the steaks lightly to make indentions that the rub could get into, then I rubed the seasoning in REALLY thick on each side. I re did the rub a second time and it looks really neat, almost professional. I baked them in the oven, we didnt have charcoal or I would have done it on the grill. I gotta tell you, that is the single best steak, I have EVER cooked! I usually mess up steaks, so this was a big accomplishment for me! I may know how to bake, but steaks are NOT my area of expertise! I want to do the rub again then cook more steaks on the grill and see if that affects it a bit more. I really want to get into barbecuing. I think it would be fun, and smoking. Not tobacco...meats! lol.I want a smoker. You can build them, I just dont know how.

Well, american idol try outs begin in one month. They have a audition place in Memphis this year. I may try it. :) WE shall seee......THE KING, we shall see the King *breaks out in song*

hollah! Dollah!

14 comments:

Rachel said...

My Mama was telling me about the auditions in Memphis. I told her my brother Josh should try out 'cause he sings really really well. Plus he's a soldier and people love stuff like that. But he has to go back to Iraq before then. :-(

I think you should go for it! It would be fun whether or not you got picked, just to be able to say you did it. :-)

Praying for the job stuff. It will all work out like it's supposed to.

Oh, and you know you'd love dressing up everyday and give Miss Fashion a run for her money. Except for the pantyhose thing... :-)

Kasey said...

thanks for being encouraging! I appreciate it Rach!

And...there is one difference between miss fashion and me...about a bagillion pounds. :)

I have so many things to take time off for in August...a wedding, American Idol, assembly. Oh but if I won AI...man I could transfer to the Poorest TCOG in the whole world and give them my tithes and they would have a rockn church...or I could give it to missions. It could be so cool! Of course...I'd pay my car off, and buy a diesel truck tho :p you know me...hey...I might even buy a tractor...get me a john deere. ba-huh huh *best gomer voice used*

Rachel said...

Well I just hope you remember the little people who encouraged you along the way... ;-p

Kasey said...

Hey if I win, I'd give you some sweet hookups! Like a shopping card to carters. Hey, I could give you a baby room or something. Only condition is you have to name the child after me! :-D

Rachel said...

Umm...Can I just use your initials instead??

Otherwise I'd be singing, "Kasey Jr. coming down the track, coming down the track, with a smoky stack..." (or however it goes) for the rest of my life!

wemmies said...

EW!! Don't name it after Kasey! It might start eating boogers and toenails!!! :P

*excellent memory for these type things*

Kasey said...

OH yeah, OH YEAH, well...well...well, I'd say something IF i wanted to stoop as low as YOU TWO HEATHERNS! :p

Rachel said...

Ha Ha! Look at me everybody, I'm a HEATHERN!!! Yay!!! :-)

Becky said...

You should go for it! At the very least it would be fun!!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becky said...

Oops. My finger spazzed and I clicked the publish button twice on accident. 0.0

marshasblog said...

Hey...I've heard you sing at the Assembly before..your really good!! I also will relate to you about being a country girl!! I hate dressing up, wear my hair in a ponytail most days and I too love flip flops or my new balance!! I had to laugh when reading that...it sounded to much like me..haha...

Anonymous said...

Kasey said...
:p you know me...hey...I might even buy a tractor...get me a john deere. ba-huh huh *best gomer voice used*


If you have enough money to buy all of that and you find yourself with more than enough to spend. You could always Buy me a john deere tractor too!!! My grandpa and dad had tractors but I never owned one and I always wanted one. :(
Anyhow, I have no field to plow, no weeds to bushhog but it sure would look pretty setting in my driveway. I would even get a car port Just for it!

Ahhh....Purty PLEASE????

BTW.. I think it is cool that you are going to the American Idol audition's. That is so cool!

Anonymous said...

Hey hey Kasey,
That is awesome.. About the AI thing, I am thinking about going myself.. lol Everyone wants me to, so if I can get up the nerve, sure, why not? lol So who knows, maybe I will see ya there!! =) .. Anyhoo, I hope everything is going good for ya!!! ...
Em in bama! :)