Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Photo Albums and Hand Cramps

Right now I am putting together three years worth of pictures. They are all in the photo Album, but I don't have all the descriptions written down beside the pictures yet. Long task, messy handwriting, disgusted, *sigh*. I used to be skinny, well skinny for me anyway. Day two of diet. Doing fairly well though. Man, I get off subject SO easy. ANYWAY, I would love to be able to scrap book. I just don't think I am one of those types though. I guess if I had the time to just waste a day and do it, maybe...but definitely not right now.

Ever got your feelers hurt by someone, and they refuse to apologize because they don't feel sorry for it. My husband is refusing to apologize to me for something he said to me. Not a BIG deal, but it still hurt. I don't know whether to say anything or let it go. He has a habit of not apologizing if he is rude to me. Where I am on the opposite end of the spectrum and apologize until I am blue in the face. Whether I am his wife or joe blow off the street, restitution is restitution. GRRRRR. I shouldn't have to ASK him to make things right by me. I know I am just the lowly submissive wife, but C'MON! pray for us, and pray he will apologize...before I explode...lol.

I looked at my wal-mart schedule last night, apparently Jamison didn't take to heart when I said I wanted only twenty hours a week. I worked last night, tonight, friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I really don't know what to do about Wal-Mart. I don't HAVE to work at Wal-Mart. It is a means of extra money for traveling, my 800 dollar dental work coming up, and extra spending money for me. Yet, I don't feel like I am being a good helpmeet at home as far as cleaning and cooking. I am tired and worn out. Yet Damon doesn't want me to quit, atleast I don't think. He says it gives me extra money, but he also says I haven't been happy and that he has mixed emotions about me quitting. I really think he doesn't want me too. I honestly don't know WHAT to do. Advice please.

I have a job lead, starting pay is 13-14$ an hour. Pray for that please. It's in the Logistics field, which I have worked since graduating H.S. basically, and is a field I really wanted to get OUT of. But, maybe God has something else in store. I would really love to work in a retirement home, or one of those traveling care companies for the elderly. The pay isn't good, but I have a feeling I would LOVE my job.

I am so excited for Assembly. YAY! I have our reservations, anyone else staying at Microtel!?!

Well, I must go now, c-yall later! oh yeah, a guy I work with had a $1967 phone bill last night! He got them talked down to $900. BOOOOO cingular! ;p

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I dunno what to tell you about the job thing. When I quit it was either quit or stay and have a mental/emotional breakdown every day. You're in a different situation than I was.

Ask Damon what he wants you to do. That way you might get out of him exactly what his mixed emotions ARE. If he leaves it up to you that's one thing, but... I dunno. I will be praying that you both will have direction. Only you guys can decide what is best for your family.

Rachel said...

Oh and I can so relate about not feeling up to par with the wife stuff. I thought it would be better with me being home but since I've been yucky so much, that has yet to be seen. (or something like that, my grammar is weird today)

Kasey said...

Well...hopefully this job will come through for me that is starting at 13-14 an hour. Then I won't HAVE to work two jobs just for extra money. LOL. Only if its God's will though. If I had my choice...well..thats a whole notha subject.

He has told me his feelings...he wants me to stay at walmart because then I can have extra spending money for stuff I want. Which I am not accustomed too and have yet to spend much on myself. He also wants me to quit, because he says I haven't been happy since I started. For the most part hes right about being happy. I am really happy every other thursday though. :)

Juls4Him said...

You're right that maybe the other job will come through and help you decide. The only thing I know when it comes to making decisions is that I have learned (after too many times not thinking enough about it) that if my job or any other thing is taking my time from putting God first in time and devotion and prayer (even if I find the time but then have no real energy to give Him), then it is never okay with Him. That's my first rule of thumb. Then when I have my prayer line fully open with Him, I can hear His voice and get the answer if I'm not sure. Most people I am talking to these days are working way too many hours and have no time for true quality time with the Lord. You are surely not alone among young and old people. You are very right to get Damon's feelings on it as you did. Now see if you can find the mind of God in all of it whether the other job comes through or not. I know you will because you are open hearted and you desire to please Him. I'm praying for you both, Sis.

Juls4Him said...

Don't ya love it when people ramble on in your comment section? I wanted to clarify what I said above about people working too many hours. Lest you think that I think young couples have it easy...I have been really distraught over how tough it is these days for young people to make a go of it. I was listening to the Dave Ramsey show yesterday on my way home and he was saying it's a satanic plot going on to make people live above their means so that they have to struggle like crazy to keep above high debts. We're living in times where it's worse than it's ever been (except for the depression but people just didn't have anything then)and this generation is having to suffer more hardship because Satan is so busy trying to keep everyone away from God. So understand that I don't think it's easy for one minute. When I read Brad's devotion yesterday, I shuddered because he was right about how we are making ourselves comfortable and at home. I shuddered because I had to apply it to myself. We are in a big battle now and we have to listen closely to His voice to make every decision lest we get off the path. This is why us older ones are going to HAVE to pray for you younger ones more than ever before. Just want you to understand that I'm not criticizing in any way but having a lot of empathy and compassion for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »