Wednesday, February 22, 2006

New boss

Not much to post about today. Getting a new boss here at work, they are basically transfering or trading my boss to the location that my new boss is coming from. The company feels they possess strengths that are better suited for the other warehouse and vice versa. Gonna be kind of weird. I have had the same boss for almost two years. Pray for me that I am a good Christian witness.

I am starting to get a headache. I am just weary. I feel asleep so fast last night once I laid down that I don't even remember Damon coming to bed. I didn't excercise last night, so I guess I took it as my one day off this week. Will need to get back on the train tonight though. I find if I miss a day I start getting lax on it and almost have to MAKE myself go exercise. Once I start I am fine.

Had a good devotional this morning. It was quick as I woke up late and took a shower which means I don't have much time to get ready before I have to leave. But its quality not quantity.

I am reading a book now called the Five Languages of Love, I would like to post a quote here that I think is really good."Our dreams before marriage are of marital bliss: 'We are going to make each other supremely happy. Other couples may argue and fight, but not us. We love each other.' Of course, we are not totally naive. We know intellectually that we will eventually have differences. But we are certain that we will discuss those differeneces openly; one of us will always be willing to make concessions and we will reach agreement. It's hard to believe anything wese when you are in love.Welcome to the real world of marriage, where hairs are always on the sink and the little white spots cover the mirror, where arguments center on which way the toilet paper comes off and whether the lid should be up or down. It is a world where shoes do not walk to the closet and drawers do not close themselves, where coats do not like hangers and socks go AWOL during laundry. In this world, a look can hurt and a word can crush. Intimate lovers can become enemies, and marriage a battlefield."Marriage is so totally different for everyone, but I think one thing couples can all agree on is, Marriage is completely different from the picture they saw in their mind. And, that is an adjustment. A big one. You may argue, you may not. You have all bliss, you may have rough times. Whatever the case, marriage is about loving and holding on for the long haul. Love, the blissful in love experience that is completely euphoric and all you do is think about this person all day long, that love fades. It is an obsession. But the true love, deep running through the veins of your very soul, is birthed through this initial euphoric experience. It is through this first experience of "falling in love" that you learn how much you really care about this person. You are willing to lay down your life for them, to take the very heart from your chest for them. The deep love is not tested until the euphoric love has passed. It is then that your love takes deep root and even though the euphoria is gone, the love you now share is better than you ever could have imagined and stronger than before. Saying this, things still happen that hurt. Actions take place that make you think, "what was I thinking!" when you said in your heart my love (spouse) is perfect! It is in this time, you learn to grow to flourish and love like you have never loved before. Love is more than an emotion, it is an act of total being. It encompasses your life, your physical being, your soul. It's worthing finding and holding onto. The key is, not forgetting love when the pain is all you can see. Love is not the victim, it's the cause. The cause for all good to carry on even through the muckiest times of life.

Good thought for the day: "Be still and know that I am God Psalm 46:10"