Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'm sure most of you have heard

About Colby Thompson and his death. He was so young, this would be like my nephew Michael dying. So much death lately. Only God knows the pain and sorrow.

Life is short
Death is sure
Sin is the cause
Christ is the Cure

Remember to pray for this family. It is so hard, and the emptiness is there Christian or not. Except when you have the Lord in you heart, He makes the pain bearable.

To drive around old hickory is sad to me now, because is reminds me of papaw. Damon said he and Andy picked up Papaw's ashes yesterday. Out of all the funeral home charges, the couldn't even put his ashes in a decent container. It was a cardboard or plastic box with tape keeping it closed and his name on top. Can you imagine. That is how fragile life is. One minute papaw is bringing joy to your life, the next he is reduced to ashes in a box. The soul never dies and I hope to see papaw in heaven some day.

I want to see my family.

ON a happier note, I am going through my 1953 cook book and plan to write down the recipes I want to try. I have a few in my head already.

I mailed the demo, will see what happens. And, Damon didn't think the pictures were all that great, he said they were basically ok or "fine". But that these companies want professionals doing the pictures.

Damon is going to the prison ministries tonight. He is painting Saturday and wants me to go with him. I am debating back and forth on going saturday. If I go, then that means my cleaning day will have to be changed to tonight. Which I dont know if I really want to do. On the other hand, some of the best memories I have as a newlywed are being with damon on these side jobs. Sounds weird, but it's true. I also have to make an order for Kasey's Konfections which is basically non existent anymore, tho during this time I can use the rest. Work has been really slow. I am happy for Meg, Brad and Rachel, but I am sorta bummed for me. We worked for the same temp company, I have been here almost two years and brad only 10 months and Rachel and Meg I am not sure of the time. It makes me think I must be doing somethign wrong to not be hired on when they were hired on so quickly. But these are two different companies who are making decisions. It is not up to the temp. service. Andy (my boss) says Goggin just isn't hiring anyone on right now. Maybe there's a reason I will know further down the road. I don't know. I need to be thankful for a job. But at the same time is it wrong to want a raise and benefits and so on. Like I said almost two years and only two raises of a total of 50cents. Should I ask for more, should I not. Life is stressful.

Pray for me. love to you all.

4 comments:

Brandon said...

Yeah,thats so sad about Colby.I can only imagine what his family is feeling right now.Did you know him well?I'de known him for about 7 years.

Kasey said...

I met him at GA camp same year I met yall, no I didn't know him well. But he is obviously one with a personality you remember. Cus there were lots of kids there that year, and I remember him.

Rachel said...

You really encouraged me with your testimony last night. Your testimonies always encourage me, so don't ever hesitate to share. You speak of the same things I'm going through and it lets me know I'm not alone, and then you always point to Jesus and what's most important.

Don't be bummed about Goggin. I know what you mean though, and I can't blame you for feeling unappreciated. They are just cheapskates! Something better for you is waiting just over the horizon...

Love ya, keep looking up

Anonymous said...

What a great site three strikes malpractice Do fat chicks have tighter pussies Waterbeds to purchase in florida Xenical foro Subaru legacy 2005 http://www.mesotherapy-8.info/Mesotherapy-lake-mary.html Discount spam filter review Southwest florida boating amp fishing http://www.life-insurance-companies-5c-27-3elife-insurance-comp.info/Medicalmalpracticecaselosangeles.html florida medical malpractice claims medical malpractice Niacin statins Ama malpractice Forex literature Canadian life insurance rate medical malpractice victorville