Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving Dinner and Planes

Dinner was good...my potatoes turned out awesome. Although I can't take credit because I watched Racheal Ray (30 min meals Food network) for the idea. You take heavy cream and put a whole head of garlic in the cream (garlic cleaned and smashed open slightly) and let it heat, no need for boiling. Just let the cream heat up until its fairly hot then strain the garlic and put in the smashed potatoes. I also added a half stick of butter and some salt and a little pepper. They didn't even need gravy. Maybe I am just partial to potatoes. Someone there at dinner made good dressing too. It was overall a good day, with the exception of not having my family.

We got our plane tickets too. Fly into Idaho at 11:29pm Christmas eve...

I am sad today.

5 comments:

Kasey said...

Well I wouldn't DIE ;) for them lol, but they were GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Yum!

wemmies said...

Ever made potato cakes with the leftovers? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I love them more than I love mashed potatoes. Although I HATE garlic when I am pregnant.
BTW did you see Rachel Ray's 5 minute fudge? I am going to try it next time I go to the store! Rachel rocks!

Kasey said...

Hmmm...no I didn't see the fudge thing, describe please. Sounds good and would be easy for gifts. I made potato cakes the next morning, although they werent as good as my grandmas they were pretty tasty! :)

wemmies said...

Fudge:
1 small bag of Chocolate chips
1/2 bag of butterscotch or whatever chips
Melt in a pan and add a can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
Dump in a pan or wreath shape dish.

That's it. No boiling, just melting. Sounds too easy. I have to try this.

Kasey said...

SWEET!! I am totally going to try that! Thanks Wendy! You rock, just like rachel. Although I think shes a lot richer than all of us! She got married two months ago, and I just found out.