Monday, November 07, 2005

Beef Stew Anyone?

While on my trip to Smithville for Ladies retreat, me n Jenniefer were just driving a long heading out of Old Hickory when before us we see break lights. That's fine, I start to slow down, then BOOM major break lights. No I didn't hit anything but I REALLY had to step on the breaks to avoid hitting anyone. Rewind-------- 15-20minutes prior to this, my loving husband helps me load all the food into the trunk with his home made day and a half long simmered beef stew. It smells and tastes delicious. He puts it on to of a grocery bag and tells me I will thank him, I am guessing to prevent it from spilling onto my carpet in my trunk of my BRAND new 2006 car. :( FAST FORWARD---------back to present of BREAK LIGHTS. Jenniefer and I keep driving a long with suddenly the smell of beef stew starts to get very strong. The possibility of it spilling was present at the break light incident but you always hope for the best right?! We stop in the median and she jumps out to check the trunk then comes around to my side and says "you better come see this". Woe is me....there in my trunk beef stew lays all over part of the back end of my monsteress trunk. I stop at Food Lion to get SOMEthing to try to clean this mess up and some fake factory made beef stew...sniff sniff, sob sob.

I am NOT kidding when I say my trunk is huge, I literally had to hop in head first with feet in the air to reach the back of my trunk with only part of my legs sticking out, and I am almost 5'10"!! Lo and behold I feel beef stew ALL THE WAY under my seats. After trying to clean for who knows HOW long, I call my husband. We trade cars at the mexican restaurant he is already at barely after my departure to Ladies Retreat. I go ahead and head up to Ladies retreat in his truck. I talk to him later that evening and he proceeds to tell me that he has to unbolt the seat, take the trunk carpet, liner/pad out from the bottom back and sides. Then he has to take the liner out from under the seats and basically take most of the back part ofmy car apart :(
Damon has an Idea for VLB fundraiser, sell beef stew air fresheners for cars. Sis Wendy says I could just cut my carpet up from my trunk and put little tassels to hang them buy to sell. :(
I'm so traumatized.