Wednesday, November 23, 2005

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=0183913358

Kind of Corny...haha get it- C O R Ny...much like my joke *sigh*

I cooked last night from the time I got home from the grocery store (which is a story in its self) so from about 5:30p.m. till 9:30ish last night. I think cleanup lasted til about 10. I did the dishes from all my baking GO ME! And damon says I dont clean up after I bake pshhhhh! So I made my grandmothers roll recipe that she got from her mom. There must be a technique because mine are good but they aint my grandmas good. Hers are lip smackin make ya slap yo mammy. And, I discovered theres a difference between unsalted and salted butter last night! You would think, DUH that I would know that already. But it wasnt until I had brushed half a stick of butter on the rolls and tasted one and realized the butter tastes like nothing that the light bulb moment occured. Unsalted is ICKY AND UNFLAVORED ewww.... No wonder they had plenty of unsalted and only one package of salted butter left. I also made my recipe for cranberry relish salad. Those who DONT like cranberry will even like this!! It's so yummy. I also made about 4 dozen chocolate chip *with milk chocolate* cookies.

grocery store: the people were grumpy and mean!!! Good grief, simma down now yall! Ya know I worked all day too, and I gotta go home and cook and have no dishwasher (no wait...I have two and they are attached to me) but I still tried to be nice!! This one lady like was really rude, I pulled out into the aisle (sp?) and my view of oncoming shopping cart traffic was blocked due to the BIG OVERLOADED cart in the aisle, but I proceeded slowly and carefully. Then outa nowhere she pulls out into traffic from the side aisle and gives ME a dirty stare/sigh! ME!! GRRR oh well...I just need to pray for people like that. She had like 3 kids and I can't imagine holiday cooking traffic with children, its hard enough with myself and damon let alone children! Yikes.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I hope you have a fun filled, great tasting and thankful holiday!

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Most who don't like cranberry like it....its got apple (a sweet apple), walnuts, orange juice, sugar, cranberries obviously, and strawberry jello. Mix it all up (chop the fruit and nuts fairly small) and let it set in fridge.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »