Saturday, July 12, 2008

Weird, Different, Sad, Good

That title describes my day. Not necessarily in that order though...

This morning, I got up early and met up with mom. She was judgeing the Snake River Stampede parade (not the whlle parade, just certain age/theme groups). You can google the rodeo name if you want, Snake River Stampede. Its been a staple of Nampa history for who knows how long. Anyway, I was the "judges helper", but got to wear an official judge badge. I felt important...lol. I saw a lot of old faces, it was nice. A girl got bucked off her horse in the parking lot, just as she was stepping into her saddle a car horn went off and startled the horse. So I walked over and took him from someone who caught him and stood there holding this BEAUTIFUL tall grey handsome horse. Man, he was a beautiful creature. Poor guy, it was sweet how he came back to check on her, he just got startled. She hit the pavement pretty hard and took a while to get back up and moving around. But I saw her getting back on her horse about 10 minutes before the parade started. While I was there waiting for the parade to start, a familiar face (though i am horrible with names) came up and hugged me. There was recently a VERY sad story on the news, of a little boy that was only 10 years old, who wondered off from his uncle who was working on a broken down atv, and was found dead. The coroner ruled it death as a result of heat exhaustion. Well the woman who came up and hugged me, told me that little boy was the son of a girl I used to queen with in the rodeo world. She is understandably not doing well. I ask you to pray for her, I was told she doesn't know the Lord, and they are having to keep her pretty drugged just to keep her sain. I know when Damon died, if it hadn't been for Jesus, I would have went nuts, so I cannot even begin (nor do I want to) to imagine what it would be to go through this without the Lord as the center of your life.

After the parade (we just watched it at its start so it moved pretty fast) we went to breakfast. Then I came back to mom and dads and went swimming. Though I didn't swim much, more just read my book on the little floaty. That floaty take some talent to get onto, its not that little and likes to move. You kinda have to hop on from the ladder and hope you make it. Anyway, I put LOTS O LOTS O LOTS of sunscreen on. But I STILL got burnt. grr at the sunscreen company :) I was probably out there total today, 4ish hours. Then we had dinner, yuuuuum. Country potatoes, pancakes, and eggs from the neighbors chickens. Not so healthy, but it was yummy. Its amazing how much fresh eggs look sooo much prettier than store bought. The yokes are super golden yellow, and the whites are like STARK SNOW white. I dont know but store bought eggs look different when cooked.


Now I am at home...getting sleepy. I need to go to bed.

1 comments:

Valerie said...

Sounds like you had a busy day.
It is weird,but I don't know if I could eat a fresh egg like that. I do good to eat one every now and then from a store bought egg.lol