Thursday, July 24, 2008

Laundry Queen!

I am SO proud of myself. HA! There are a few things, i.e chores, that are not my favorite. Laundry and dishes. I am thankful I have laundry to wash and dishes to eat off of, so I don't want to complain too much, but those are just two things that aren't my cup of tea. I don't mind cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting...so on. But last night and today I have folded about 4 loads of laundry. GO ME. What is actually weirder, or would it be more weird?? Anyway, is it was almost relaxing. WHOA...I know something strange is going on now. Seriously.

Abby and I went on another bike ride tonight, she did really good. I am proud of how good she is becoming. She still gets a bit sidetracked over barking dogs, but for this only being her second biking trip I say she is doing pretty good. I realized the other night, I haven't taken a picture of my horse and put it on here. So after Annie gets a bath, everyone will get to see her. I love her a lot. Last night, I brought her from the pasture to mom and dad's and brushed her down, then got her tail and mane all combed out, picked her hooves out so they were clean. Yes I "picked" her hooves out. The tool you use is called a "hoof pick" and they look similar to THIS . After that I sprayed her down with fly spray so she wouldn't be bothered so much, then I hopped up on her bareback. Okay, so I didn't hop...I used the fence....but I got on her bareback and rode her around a little bit then rode her back to the pasture. I was so proud of her, because I haven't ridden regularly for so long, she is very heard bound with the other horses. If she is away from them, but can hear them whinneying (is that how you spell that) she acts silly and prances around, wanting to get back to them. But you could tell she was enjoying the time I was spending on her, and even behaved herself as we were walking towards her buddies. Thank the Lord for my horsey. I have a picture of Damon on her, I think its on her, or maybe its Butchy, our other horse. :)

My birthday is coming up soon, I will be closer to thirty than twenty...ugh...I am thinking 26 is going to be a hard age for me. Every day is a blessing from God, I guess its just a mental thing of feeling "old". I am wanting to go somewhere for my birthday, not sure where though.

Oh and please pray, I have a job interview on Monday in the education field, which is what I did in Nashville. It sounds like a great job, God knows my needs, just pray all goes well. I am thankful to have a job right now, but I am struggling with it, and God knows my heart. I want to be thankful for everything I have, not complaining.

Please pray for Lolo's family, especially Melvin and her children. God is able to keep them and hold them right now. There are many others suffering right now, Buster's family, Lance's Family, Megan and Ricky's Family, just pray for them all. Love you guys.

5 comments:

~Amy said...

Ooooh, I can't wait to see a picture of your horse. I love horses. Where we lived in MO backed up to a horse ranch and we could look out at different times of the day and watch them graze and play. Beautiful animals. My grandpa used to own several and my family showed. I even have an aunt that does the barrel racing. It's so neat.

And, yes, I AM proud of you for doing four loads of laundry at once. :0) I don't like laundry, either. Dishes aren't too bad and general cleaning I don't mind, but my big "yuck-o" job is the bathroom. Especially with a 3-year-old boy. Ick. (You can imagine).

And don't worry. 26 isn't too bad. At least you're still in your twenties. Don't rush it ... it's not time to think about 30 yet.

:D

Jessa Stephens said...

I'll be praying for you interveiw!!!

Grace & Co said...

Whoa! You actually felt relaxed doing laundry!? That's crazy... I don't think I've ever experienced that feeling while doing laundry.

It sounds like you have good natured animals! That's good.

Valerie said...

Folding clothes don't bother me,it gives me time to think and maybe sing a song while folding.

Dishes on the other hand, I dont really care for doing, but with a dishwasher it makes the job a little easier.Never liked dishwashers until I finally got one..lol

I think horses are pretty, but I am scared of them.They are big and I am afraid they will kick me or something.

Katie said...

I miss you. Come visit soon Please! :)

Love and Prayers sent your way, and a big hug too!