Monday, July 28, 2008

Quick Trip

I was blessed to be able to return to Tennessee for a short weekend. It was Em's big birthday bash, so I decided to surprise her. Will post pics on that later, I am tired...and its 1 am and I have to be to work in 7 and a half hours. I am so so so thankful I got to go this weekend. I missed my nephews, I wish I could have seen Michael. But it was good to hug and kiss Zac and Noah. I got to see my lovely sister in law, and bound to make you smile brother in law, my wonderful Mom in law, and Dad in law....I got to see the people I used to work with. It was just a great short weekend. I visited my sweet Damon's grave. Being back there brought back so many memories...good, but hard memories. I truly miss my husband. I got to see my amazing church family. I love them, and was thankful to be back with them for a service. My and Mo hung out for a while, that child...young woman....she is so funny. I am just so happy I got to go to tennessee!!! It was bittersweet. They buried Lolo today, and I feel for Melvin and her son and the whole family. Just pray for them. I drove the old ways to different places, it's hard to believe Damon isn't right there with me, well, me there with him. I love him, always. I love you Tennesee, and all those in that state that hold a piece of my heart. God speed.

4 comments:

emily said...

Thank you again so much! You seriously made my night. It wouldn't have been the same without you. I am just so thankful for all of my friends. Thank you for coming. I have been really bad about not posting about that night. I am hoping to squeeze it in tonight among the many other things I need to do. I miss you already. I'm glad you got home safely ^^

Vic said...

Good to see you Kase...Tell Mr Leonard and his beautiful wife, I love them and miss them so much...

Tam said...

So,so,so,so glad you were here! Come back soon!!!!!

how'd the job thing go?

Bekka said...

Hey Kasey. :) Sorry I had to steals him, though I didn't have much to do with the planning, sorry that I'm glad I got to steals him anyhow though. :)