Monday, July 14, 2008

Naptime

Yesterday after morning service, I came home and took a nap. A BIG nap. I slept for about four hours I guess. So much so, that I thought 7 was 6 and my mom came looking for me saying they had been in service for an hour and she was worried about me. I said, its 6 o'clock, she said no it isn't. Sure enough, I don't know what I did...but I guess I slept to long and got confused. So last night, I went to bed around 11:45, and laid there until after midnight. Then I woke back up shortly after 1 am, I know sometime ater 3 am, I think I woke up 3-4 times. I didn't think my big nap would affect my sleep THAT much, so I have learned a lesson. I will try to avoid that long of a nap in the future.

It's supposed to be hot today, 95. Not as hot as it has been, but then a cold turn came on for a few days, where it was in the mid 80's (SO NICE in July). So it will take an adjustment to get back to the heat.

Mom and I went and looked at the stock (the bucking horses and bulls) last night, at the rodeo grounds. They had slack going on, the over flow from the regular rodeo performance, it's free and not nearly as commercial. Rodeo at its basics, but we didn't get to stop. Maybe next year. The bulls are so cute, but huge. Tough looking. They kinda just stare at you, like you stare at them. Daring you to admire them, lol...I really don't think they get all that indepth in their thought patter, but its fun to imagine. As mom and I were driving through last night, I was thinking that the rodeo world needs Jesus. I think I prayed the Lord would make a way.

3 comments:

Sara said...

i love rodeos and horses and bulls and all that stuff.

Jessa Stephens said...

I've never been to a rodeao....just in the movies....I bet it was fun seeing all the animals!

~Amy said...

I looove nap time at our house. Jackson goes down and it's so peaceful and I can pray or read or clean or nap myself (ha) ... I looove nap time. Did I mention I love nap time?

But you're right. It's no good to take a really long nap during the day. You wake up disoriented and groggy. I only do that if I'm sick.

Yeah, the rodeo world does need Jesus. I lost a student last year to a bull and one pastor who knew him says he was saved. Another said he didn't know. The kids said he liked to "party" like most of the kids who are into that. It's so sad.

Love ya.