Sunday, April 06, 2008

I hope I don't forget

everything to post about! I have a lot of I wanted to write, but I seem to forget in the midst of furious typing!

Mom, Dad, and me, went to an auction yesterday. Sister Grandma's (that is what we called her! her real name was Babe I think, she is in heaven now. ) daughter, Linda, is my realtor, and her husband runs an auction business. Well there daughter, Darcy, became pretty close friends with mom when Grandma Babe passed on. So, she and mom hang out a lot and Darc let her know about the auction. I got some really cool deals! I got a old metal sign, very vintagey, that I have on my plant shelf, it is a De Laval Cream Separator sign. I also got an old trunk, that I am thinking of using as an end table, some old fruit crates with the posters left on the side, that I have put up on my plant shelves as well. I got a really nice old kitchen table, with leaf and chairs, its in really good condition! I got an old iron, the kind they heated on the stove I think, and weigh a ton!! Also got a cast iron muffin tin, and an old old sled to put up on my plant shelves. I have some of my plants up there, but they only fill up so much space. The people had farmed the ground starting in the 1940's, and were still living there. However, they didn't get outside much anymore and wanted to get rid of some things (a LOT of things). It may sound silly, but as this couple in their 80's sat there, with his arm around her, I wanted them to get as much as possible for their stuff. They were so sweet. Although, I did get a little upset at a fellow auction attender yesterday. I had to pray and tell the Lord I was sorry about it too. I had been waiting to get one of these old hand pump spiggots. like what you see on little house on the prairie, that pumped the water out. They had three of them. I really wanted the green one, but didnt care as long as I got one. well, my dad said, let the first one go high, then the others will be cheaper. So, the bid got up to a price I wasn't comfortable with and I didn't bid anymore. They started the bidding as choice, meaning, whoever won the bid could choose whichever one they wanted or take all three at that price. I thought surely the woman would just take one, NOPE, she got all three. Tear. I was pretty upset, not like oh i hate her upset, but I had really wanted one of those things to make a water feature out of in my back yard...and she took them all. I guess I was pouting-upset. Who woulda thought, all three...hmph, i need to let it go, lol. So after that I left and went home. I was sunburnt and dusty, felt good to clean up. Then mom made homemade lasagna so I went over there and ate dinner. After dinner, we ran to wally world to get some birthday presents for the kids at church today. Then I came home and went to sleep. Ahh, precious sleep. The night before I only got about 5 hours, so I made up for it last night.

argh, I knew I would forget something..........trying to remember......still trying to remember.....

Tomorrow is another day at work, hopefully I continue to do well. Thank the Lord I did better on Friday. Please continue to pray for me to understand and do a good job.

I am thinking of inviting my family over for dinner this coming sunday. That is one tradition I would like to start. Family dinners at least once a month. I think I am going to make fried chicken, with who knows what else.

I also need to start riding my horses soon, as the weater has started to warm up a wee bit, cept today is rainy and dark. I love riding my horses and wish I could get my job back at the saleyard. God knows though. I would push cattle or whatever else, mostly cattle though, (push means herd) horseback on the drop off side. Then when the auction would start, we would push them to the appropriate pens to be picked up later that day. I made like 5.50 an hour, but it wasnt the money, it was the experience for me and my horse, and it was plumb fun!! The extra money was an added bonus. In the Summer we would have really short sales. I would arrive around 9:30, and be done by 3ish. Buy the fall, and winter sales were LONG. I remember not getting off one time until around 6:30. That is hard, especially when it is cold, and the mud is sooo deep (around 8 inches) and you would have to switch out horses cus they would get tired. In the summer you could get by with one horse, in the fall and winter, I remember bringing three. I miss that job.

I know I am forgetting something, I knew I would. GRRR...but in case you missed the below post, I started another recipe blog. The address for the new blog is in the below post. If you would like an invite and didn't get one, just leave a comment on the new blog. When blogger switched over, I couldn't get into the old recipe blog, even though I transfered it to the new blogger. So I had to start another recipe blog.

Hope everyone has had a blessed Sunday.

4 comments:

Tam said...

love you too!

Sara C. said...

Hey Kasey,

I didn't know that you were an avid horse rider. I always wanted to live on a farm when I was little and have horses. I will be praying that your job goes well. I know how nerve racking it is to start a new job and know absolutely nothing. It is pretty nerve racking and you feel inadequate at first, but you will get the hang of it and it will become second nature.

Rachel said...

There's gotta be more of those pumps out there... you'll find one meant for you sooner or later. :-)

Grace & Co said...

Thank you for inviting me to the recipe blog! I know it will come in handy. I will post recipes whenever I have some that I think are interesting and different.

Love you!