Sunday, April 13, 2008

Happy Sigh

This weekend...all in all, has been a good weekend.

Pros- were spending time with family, pancake feed with friends, parents laying rr ties in back yard to keep the dogs in, good conversation with friends, seeing family, church this morning, and communion and feet washing this evening.

Cons- ankle that is swollen and hurting.

Do you ever wish you could MAKE someone love and want to follow Jesus. I do. Though, I know that is not how you can do things. So, my concentration is to be a light to this world so that others will ask what is different about me. Then I can say Jesus, and they can say...oooh I want what you have. I remember, where I came from. Who I was, before the Lord. I am sooo un deserving, and so thankful, and you know, I don't want to take what God has done for me, for granted. I am by far, BY FAR, not perfect...but I want to be what Jesus wants me to be, and vessel that He can shape and mold as He wishes. I am at the point, where, I refuse to give up on those I have prayed for. Sometimes it is hard to not see what you have been praying for, right away, but that is where faith steps in. When you KEEP praying, even if something doesn't happen that instant. God loves to save, deliver, and help...it's His business :)

Today, guess what...I helped put up a chicken coop. Oh boy :) I helped mom and dad's neighbor, Betty, put chicken netting over the fenced area so the chickens wouldn't get out. They like to peck and scratch and had been getting on peoples property where they would soon be planting a garden. So, mom told me to go tell her about lunch, (which my dad made, and it was soo good) I went over there and she was hot, and frustrated and said she needed to keep working. So I made a deal. If she would come eat, I would help her afterwards. Even with two of us, it took another 2 to 2.5 hours...maybe more. But we got it done! Yay chickens, and roosters. Speaking of roosters, they have three and the biggest rooster was the biggest wimp of all three, let the tiny one and the fluffy legged one chase him around. well the other day I noticed the fluffy legged one has been all by himself for awhile. Well the former whimp chased him off, he barely came near the others and the former whimp went off and pecked him. GRRR...I feel like chicken noodle soup.

Pray for work tomorrow, for me. :)

1 comments:

LaDonna said...

Hey Kasey! Missing you here. I have been keeping up with you on your blog. I am glad you found a job, and I will keep praying that you will get more at ease with it. Your new dog is beautiful. We just got a new dog, too. He's a German Shepherd mix that we adopted from the shelter in Murfreesboro. His name is Rambo. I'm going to try to post some pics up on my blog soon. Love you much.