Monday, June 26, 2006

*wipes brow*

What a week! I guess I will go in chronological order as best I can remember.

Friday, as you have heard via my mom, I got rear ended. At the intersection of Tulip Grove and Lebanon Pike. The light was red, we were all stopped, had turned green and WHAM. $800 to fix, got the estimate in the mail when we got home. The woman who hit me is claiming she was hit by a black truck which in turn caused her to hit me. I never saw a black truck. Go figure.

Saturday, we technically go into Boise around 1am Saturday morning. I got up around 7:30 and went to Wal-mart for all the shower food I needed to prepare AND for my 1GB memory card. All together I spent just over 100 bucks, and my memory card and lithium batteries took up 65ish of that. Not bad, I don't think. Amongst all the planning we had a miscommunication/forgetation/transportation issue. I ended up renting about 40 chairs last minute. Cost me 61 buckaroos. We were outside setting up for the shower from around 2pm up until time for it to start. Everyone raved about it, and I do have to say myself, that it looked amazing. The grooms mom said I should turn it into a business because everything looked so good and flowed so nicely. We did have one issue...WIND. The candles for the fondue would NOT stay lit and it caused a bit of a havoc for all my decorations. All in all, it went well and Sylvia was fully embarrassed. :) Hey, isn't that what a bridal shower is for? Muuuwaaahahahaha We didn't leave til 11pm. LONG DAY

Sunday we went to church, I got in trouble cus I forgot my soundtracks :) Then we had a father's day dinner at my grandma's for dad and grandpa. The food was SOOOOOOOOOO good. YUM-O! Then we had service that night, and went to dairy queen after.

*man I am getting sad remembering all this stuff*

Monday I don't really remember what we did. I know we grilled steak and shrimp on the bbq. Oh yeah, I did Syl's test run on her hair for the wedding.

Tuesday, we went to Big Juds with my Aunt. It's a burger joint, really good, and they have FRY SAUCE! YUMMY, fry sauce is un known in the south. However in the northwest they have it for sale on the shelf. SO good! You mix ketchup with mayo. YUMMY! Dip fries and hamburgers or corndogs or tots in it.

Wednesday we went four wheeling in the Owyhee Mountains (rode ATV's). This is where I got sunburnt to a crisp. We were on the road almost to silver city when I noticed my arms getting red (about 4 hours of riding). So I thought, I will put sun screen on when I get there, no big deal. Did just that, proceeded to finish the ride. No big deal. WRONG. I was fried, so bad my hands got really swollen. I couldn't even move without hurting. I was PINK. My poor skin. I have never burned like that before. I doused myself in aloe vera gel and lotion. Then, after all that drama, we went to dinner that night and I had terriyaki chicken. YUMMY.

Thursday, I don't remember to much. I know I couldn't ride my horse as planned because it literally BURNED to get any kind of sun on me at all. Even a few seconds and I was hurting. I had to hold my arms up in the air while we were in the vehicle, just to keep the sun off. I know I had to get fitted for my bridesmaid dress. It was to big, nice change..Anyway. They said they would fix it. Then we went to church that night. I made reservations for 8 at the local fondue restaurant. Church ended at 7:45, how's that for perfect timing! We went into the fondue place and it was sooo awesome! Expensive, but awesome. Everyone enjoyed it, but I was the only one who enjoyed it enough to do again. It was 138 ish for four people. Definitely a once or twice a year type thing. The first course was a salad with homemade bread and dipping sauce for the bread. The second course was the cheese fondues with three kinds of home made bread, and veggies and fruit. The third course was brought out and cooked at our table on a swiss grill. We cooked it, was fun! We had filet mignon, marinated terriyaki filet mignon, shrimp, pork tenderloin, alligator sausage (didn't try that one, Damon did and he liked it), all sorts of veggies. Then they brought all the dipping sauces for the main meal, plus rosemary potatoes. Finally the fourth course wad the dessert. We had two types of fondu. Milk chocolate, and Caramel Vanilla. They brought a plate of homemade cheesecake, brownies, pound cake, macaroons, and the not homemade stuff was pretzels, marshmallows, fruit, and I'm sure something else. To me the money, time, and memories of it, was worth it all. I had a lot of fun.

Friday Damon and Dad and Grandpa went fishing. I went to lunch with my Deendee (grandma) and then got a pedicure. Then it was off to Boise for the wedding rehearsal. After that we had the rehearsal dinner. Alex is Italian and his mom made HOMEMADE FROM SCRATCH lasagna and it was GOOOD. She also made these dessert things from scratch and for the life of me I cannot remember! You fry it shell bread thing in a cylinder shape then fill it with this home made cream. Then dip the ends in chocolate and the that in walnuts and then sprinkle it with powdered sugar. I had the name...now its gone! GRRRR. Anyway it was Italian and yummy and an old recipe. They said his mom had been cooking all week.

Saturday was the wedding. I got up around 8 and went and spent some time with my horse as the sun was finally not as harsh on my decrispifying skin. She and I had bonding time and I just loved on her. Then I headed to Boise to help the bride get ready. Here is where I Found out my dress was altered to be TOOO tight. I made it work tho and shoved everything in there :D. LOL. She looked beautiful and her dress was perfect on her. I didn't forget my words to the song I was singing in the ceremony. PRAISE THE LORD! It was honestly a fun time and I wish them the best. Did I mention I got the keys to their honeymoon suite and Lisa Slack helped me "decorate" it. Again...muwaaahahahaha. On the way home I had several things on my mind and was bothered. Summer is not over yet Gracie. :)

Sunday we got up at 3am and made it to airport at 4am. Only to discover I had the times wrong and we were leaving 50 minutes later than I originally thought. On the second flight close to Landing, Damon got sick. My poor baby, he threw up. :( Thank goodness for wet wipes travel packs!

I am sad and missing everything from home, but that is natural. As the song goes, my life is in your hands, God. It will all work out and be okay. Summer is not over yet.

That is the update, peace out folkies!

7 comments:

wemmies said...

hahaha!! *laughing at Damon puking*

Did you have farmer tan in the dress???

Welcome back! :)

Kasey said...

Actually the dress covered the farmer tan thing. Although it had a sorta low back in my opinion, not to low but lower than a tshirt...so now I am burnt there as well. Cept I have a "hair line" cus my hair was down so I am burnt from dress to hair area. I cut my hair by the way. About 4-5 inches :)

Momma Tammi said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friends and family. So happy for you that the shower went so well and that you enjoyed your trip. Welcome back to Blogsville, you've been missed.

Kasey said...

I actually TRIED To blog while in Idaho but moms dumb computer! GRRRR...says something about how her pc is blocking the cookies and to change settings. I change settings and nothing happens! GRRRR

Kasey said...

gracias

Momma Tammi said...

We are having the same problem with blogger telling us the same thing. I play with it and if it doesn't correct the problem, I reboot and that usually takes care of it.

Rebekah Doran said...

Wow! Sounds like alot of fun. Glad that the sunburn was better before the wedding! :)