Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'm a good wife...sometimes.

Last night was good wife night! I made Dinner AND Dessert. *holds sign up to "clap now!"* I made Sis R. Doran's Honey Chicken. I have two words...YUM-O! Man that stuff was good! I will for sure be making it again and my husband liked it too. Oh and even my 5 year old nephew thought it was great! I made rosemary potatoes (the little red ones), and salad the way Damon likes its. Iceberg with tomatoes in wedges, not cubed, and cucumbers. That's a Damon salad. This time I got a english cucumber like Rachel Ray on Food Network uses. You can leave the skin on them because they come wrapped in plastic and don't have the wax on them. I think the skin is thinner too. Anyway, I still took some of it off so I could have a pretty ribbon effect when it was all sliced up. Hey MT, they are a "product of Canada"! Then for Dessert I made a BIG pan of cheesecake with Cherry topping. It is pretty good if I do say so myself! Damon looooooves Cheesecake. *gives pat on back* I even made a menu for this week, so I could buy my groceries accordingly. I am hoping to shop in two week intervals. Make my menu for two weeks at a time. With this, it may help cut the cost of groceries and buying un-necessary items. I need to find food that is healthy, yet quick to fix for my nights I work at wal-mart. I literally only have 35 minutes from the time I get home from my day job to the time I need to leave for Wal-Mart. I don't want Damon to have to eat Totinos all the time. *side note* going to talk to wal-mart about cutting me down to two days a week, hope it flys. Ya'll could pray. I am planning on only working till August, and if they can't cut my hours, I may just quit. I am tired of missing out on life :) I will probably look for a different day job come September too. Want to get into a retirement center. I love working with elderly people. Man, that was a big side note. :)

State Convention is next weekend, Daniel Frizzel's wedding is this Saturday. :( I am getting an itch to go to Gatlinburg for a weekend. *sigh* I really wanna go to State Convention.

For some reason my arms blistered again last night. Like all over. I am peeling again after popping them all. I know that is gross to some of you, but I don't want a bunch of little blisters on my arm. That would just look weird.

We are getting a new TV this weekend, ours went caput again. It went bye bye before but we just had it repaired, this time...Damon says we are going to buy a new one.

Oh, and now we have to wait for another claim to be opened on my car before we can get it fixed. We could get it fixed right now, but they would only pay for 305 of the 805, because we have a 500 deductible. Since it wasn't our fault, they have to open a claim on the other woman and though she is part of the same insurance company we will have to get a whole new estimate and so on. This could take a while. I don't like this wreck going on my cars history. I want to sell it and if it has a poor car fax history. GRRR, people won't want it. I don't want to sell right away, but in a year or so maybe. I love my car, hate the payment. Who knows, God may have other things in store.

Peace out home skilleys. Have a good day in Jesus.

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

An English cucumber from Canada...hmmm...who woulda thunk it? Interesting piece of information Kasey. That honey chicken is awesome isn't it? I don't usually like things like that but it was soooooo good! Sis. Bekah is a very good cook.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» »