Sunday, September 07, 2008

Twenty Six

So, the things that have happened in my twenty six years, and the things I have learned.

1. I was born and blessed with two amazing parents. Both have taught and influenced me in two completely opposite, but mostly awesome ways.

2. Rodeo and my horse Salty were my childhood. I feel that I learned a lot of responsibilty from this, taking care of my horses, cleaning my equipment, practicing, etc.. I am glad that this was a part of my childhood.

3. I still remember the summers spent riding bikes with my cousin's, going down to the creek and watching them spear succer fish with the end of a broken fishing pole, and waking the neighbor up to bring her her newspaper.

4. Life doesn't always turn out the way you planned, but you have to roll with the punches and praise God in all things, because ALL THINGS work together to the good of them that love God.

5. My Deendee made (and it will never change in my mind, I HIGHLY doubt it will anyway) the BEST pancakes on the face of the planet. She even got real Mrs Butterworths syrup.

6. Walking in a warm evening rain...is one of the most calming things to do.

7. I sang a beach boys song for my Senior English class assignment, in front of the class. SO embarassing.

8. Time does NOT make pain go away, it only makes it less frequent and more bearable.

9. I got my drivers licenst at age 15, but "back then" Idaho law said you had to be 16 to drive at night...so, I drove to a friends house only to be picked up by my not so enthused mom that evening, because I didn't think ahead and realize I wouldn't be back before dark.


10. People come in and out of your lives, they affect you in different ways. You determine whether they affect your life to the good or the bad, and you also determine how you affect THEIR life, to the good or the bad. So live honestly, and wisely, and completely.

11. To the best of your ability, live your life with no regrets. Tomorrow is not guaranteed and each day is A GIFT from God. Whether you recognize it or not.

12. My dad was and is the "great white hunter" and I enjoyed being his side kick on hunting trips. I shot and killed my first and only elk at age 14 on a tag hunt in the month of December. I would really enjoy going hunting again.

13. I now like hot sauce, and buffalo chicken because of my husbands love of nearly all things spicy.

14. I cherish the memories of the boys coming down to the house, all three of them, spending the night and crashing on the floor and couch ending up in all different ways and directions by morning.

15. I loathed the chores mom made me do growing up, BUT now as an adult I understand why she had me to them. AND, further more I now appreciate it.

16. Jesus is and will always be the Answer to everything. At age 16 He became the keeper of my heart. Thank the Lord!!

17. Marriage centered around Jesus, is one of the greatest gifts you can ever recieve in life.

18. Heaven WILL be worth it all.

19. I remember riding my moms horse Leo up the pasture hill at a lope then falling off on purpose once I reached our dry lot...I thought it was fun.

20. I am so glad for good friends. Thank the Lord for them.

21. The south holds a special place in my heart.

22. I am thankful for Damon's family, I have learned a lot from them. I LOVE them.

23. Never give up on prayer, even if you don't see results immediately. Someone's situation or soul could depend on you, GOD IS ALWAYS ON TIME!

24. Time passes so quickly, years go by in the blink of an eye. Cherish each second as much as you can. It's hard to remember that somtimes though.

25. Damon took me and Honey on a paint job with him, I think to goodlettsville, well the house had an abundance of frogs outside. Honey wanted to eat them...lol. Or chase them, whatever the case, apparently frogs have an acid on their skin that does not permanently harm, but made honey literally foam at the mouth, in mass proportions. It freaked me out, but eventually she was all better. I loved those times, going on painting jobs with him.

26. As I turn 26, I want to bless the Lord, live FOR Him, grow IN Him, and face each new day with thankfulness in my heart.

8 comments:

Erika J. said...

happy birthday! i hope you have a great day!

Tam said...

Happy Birthday, Kasey! I love you and hope you have a great one. I pray God's perfect Will in your life always!!!!

~Amy said...

You probably haven't a clue what a blessing you are to me. I am uplifted and encouraged every time I read your blog. I especially needed #23 today. *big hug*

Happy birthday, Sis. :D

Hey, how's your job going? Still liking it, I hope.

Valerie said...

I enjoyed reading this blog..I hope you have a good Birthday Kasey!

Unknown said...

A very happy (but belated) yet as wonderful-as-you-are birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY- KC!

m.

Anonymous said...

you were and are an AMAZING child, Praise the Lord.

Vicki Smith said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
And thanks again for the WONDERFUL fry sauce. ;-)

Jessa Stephens said...

I'm SOOOOOOOO SORRY this is late!!! BUUUUUUTTTTTT HAPPY 26 B-DAY!!!!! I'll be right behind you! =)