Saturday, March 31, 2007

My fingers HURT!

Man, gardening...or shall I say WEEDING is hard work!! There are so many gross things in the dirt or shadows of Tennessee turf. YUCK. I touched a snail lookin thing (the squishy part), termites, a worm...YUCK. YUCK YUCK YUCK! I may be a country girl, and be able to handle numerous sorts of things that gross many other people out, but I do NOT do worms of any sort, or slugs, or snails. TO THINK people eat snails and its a delicacy. GUH-ROSS! I moved a bunch of our left over landscaping rocks, which are heavy and now my wittle fingers hurt. You know, when I lived in Idaho I worked outside with my horses and stuff so i had rough and calloused hands. Now, I am soft handed, and this hurts! WAAAHHHH. This coming Friday, I HOPE to go and get all of our bushes/trees and flowers. Oh and mulch too. I need to make this place look pretty, not to pretty though, cus pretty cost money. Money that can be a little or a lot, and for a place I dont own it doesn't need to be a lot. Get what I'm sayin!!

This morning, I got up and made my hubby and nephew pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Turkey bacon, YUM! I even used heart healthy pancake mix. GO ME! You know, minute made has the best OJ aside from fresh squeezed of course.

I took Friday off and didnt get up until almost 10am...wooooh that was so nice! Then I went to lunch with Damon, then I came home and looked at some stuff on my computer. I also mowed our neighbors yard. Damon used to have about 10-12 lawns he mowed every couple of weeks, but has trimmed down to two. The one next door and one just a bit down the road. They are so close, we decided (he decided) to keep them. I had the hardest time getting the weed eater started. Which baffeled me, as it is always very easy to start. I have used it several times...silly little me had it in off position!!! I guess it must have been left in the on position and I didn't know it and turned it to the off position thinking I was turning it on. So there I was pulling, choking on, then off, re pulling. which by this time I was reallly tired and grossly sweaty. I know yall needed to know that. But this lawn has a very steep ditch embankment that I have to push mow. I am not remotely in shape so you know how easy THAT was. I got it done though. We were given a gift certificate to Long Horn by LaDonna for our anniversary so we went there last night. I had gotten the GC as a silent auction item to raise mission money and ladonna bought it then gave it to us. I had the renegade steak with mashed potatoes and a salad. YUM-OOO I took a picture of my steak and sent it to my dad on his phone. I ordered it medium plus...which isnt medium well, but a bit more than medium. It was beyond pink and a bit bloody. I thought my daddy would be proud of me since he eats his rare (I can't do that)so I sent him a pic. I called him though to let him know and he said "what is it" I had to explain...lol!!!

hmmm........I need to make banana bread today and cookies for tomorrow. Not to mention clean this house. I was thinking of doing some deep spring cleaning,howeer after that monster of a flower bed, I think I will simply clean thoroughly than deeply. I had thought about getting on my hands and knees and scrubbing my floor, contemplating that one now. see yall later.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, your daddy will be so proud to hear about all of your landscaping...maybe you will get those rough hands back when you are done....have a blessed Sunday....l and p, me.