Friday, March 09, 2007

What happened?

What happened to me and every other BORING blogger out there. Not meaning to be a downer, but the action has definitely slowed down. I have been trying to get better and blog more often.

Good morning everyone. I love that spring is here. For some reason winter seemed WAY long. Spring welcome home sunshine!!!

Don't laugh, but I want to take a road trip and visit all of the Laura ingalls historic sights. I also want to go to the beach. HINT *anniversary in 12 days* :p Oh my goodness...I have been married almost three years. WOW. Time flys when you are having fun! I actually wouldn't mind taking a big road trip, going to a lot of the places I have never been. I want to go to Maine. During Lobster Fest.

I really need to go get ready for work. If you think about it, pray for me today. Work has been stressful, for some odd reason the distrct decided to plan 3 committees during assessment and testing time. It's CRAZY! I have to keep the lists for my two bosses and plan catering and just all sorts of stuff, it's hard to keep straight.

Damon likes his truck...I do too. It rides and drives nice. You know the new vehicles are nice...but 88-95ish fords suuuure are comfy. Much more comfy. I know I am a 4 wheel drive or nothin kind of girl, but my mom had a 82' pickup when I was in high school that she bought from my aunt's dad, he had bought it new and it only had 82k miles on it(i think) that truck was GREAT!! It pulled my loaded horse trailer BETTER than my 4 wheel drive 3/4 ton pickup. Not that you all care....okay. Ending this piece of information.

We are trying to decide between a Costco membership and a Sam's club membership. Costco is what I am familiar with, it has been in Idaho since I think I was a kid. we visited it last night to look around. I want to join there....Damon likes sams club because its $10 cheaper.

Have a good morning.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

my family has always done Sams Club...

I've done that before. the road trip with LIW.. Sister Amy Dyer and I took off for Missouri back when I was.. 13? It was SO fun. You would love it.

you know.. we have lobster fest at work:P

Anonymous said...

Personal preference on Sam's verses Costco. Diane and Curt much prefer Sam's, Daddy and I much prefer Costco, but then I think it is like you say, we are familiar with costco. The Sams has only been here about 6 months. Have fun deciding. You will do great on all of your planning...that is your forte...love and prayers, momma.

wemmies said...

Do we have a Costco???

Kasey said...

Yep we do!!!!

http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/LocationTemplate.aspx?Warehouse=630

Address:

6670 Charlotte Pike
Nashville, Tennessee 37209
United States

Regular Hours:
M-F 11:00am - 8:30pm
Sat. 9:30am - 6:00pm
Sun. 10:00am - 5:00pm

Anonymous said...

Hello Kasey,
You don't know me, I am Gracie Shuler's aunt and I live in Arizona. I was reading your blog about Costco and Sam's Club. We have both clubs here and I personally prefer Costco. I have been to both and I like the items in costco much better. The majority of items Sams sells is already in Walmart. My brother, Colin, has a Sam's membership and he told me not too long ago, he is thinking about switching to Costco. He is tired of finding the same things at Walmart for a cheaper price, the "wherehouse" feel isn't there for him with Sam's I guess.
I buy the Kirkland (Costco)brand dog food for our two big dogs, the bag has no filler junk in it, the dogs love the food, and I pay $17 for a bag and it lasts about a month and a half. We also buy our butter, jeans, some of our shoes, eyeglasses, picture development, prescriptions, etc... and we save a bundle of money. Hope you find this info helpful. We pay for our membership within the first two months of renewing it every year.
Sister Marcy Doerfler aka Gracie's favorite aunt in Arizona

Kasey said...

hey thanks Gracies aunt!!! Aka Marcy. Maybe your comment will convince my hubby. :)

~Amy said...

Hey, Kasey, how ya' doin'?

You know, we live only about one hour from Laura and Manly's house in Mansfield, MO. It's the only one I've ever been to, but they say it's the best one because it's the one where she died, so there are lots of her things here. The showstopper: Pa's fiddle is actually in the museum here.

If you want to look at the website it's http://www.lauraingallswilderhome.com/

And if you decide to come, you need to look us up. We can show you Amish country out here, too and we can go to a real Amish general store run by Old Order Amish on their property/farm. It's so neat. Also look up this website: www.amishinn.com. That place is only about 20 minutes from Mansfield and we've stayed there twice and it is really, really cool. I think you'd love it. Not to mention that they have the best barbecue I have EVER eaten hands down.

You can stay with us if you want to ... or we might be able to talk Anthony into getting you a room at the hotel he manages at a discount ... or you can stay at the Amish Inn. Or you can do a combination of any.

There's also Eureka Springs, AR, which is sooooo cool. That's where the passion play is. I mean THE passion play ... it's the original. Branson's very close and Springfield is a large town with all the shopping/eating you could ask for. There's so much to do here. We'd love to have you.

:-)

BTW, I don't really know about Sam's or Costco, but my mom really likes Costco soooo much better.