Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Back to Work I Go!

I had a wonderful trip to Idaho. It was very emotional and yet really amazing. I was able to spend time with my horse which meant a lot to me. She still remembers me I think, so that is good. Momma took me to artic circle for a burger and shake. they are SOOO good!! she bought me a bottle of fry sauce to bring home. Fry sauce is an Idaho thing I think. They don't even have it in Utah, which is right next door. Basically it's ketchup and mayonaise, equal parts, mix, and enjoy!! YUMMM-OOO. We did some shopping and I got a really cute shirt, not to mention my momma had a big care package waiting for me, which i am so thankful for, because I won't have to buy hardly anything for vacation now. I got in an hour late friday night because of a hold up at the airport, but I got to surprise my sleeping dad. He was funny, he didnt even know I was coming!! I really enjoyed seeing my friends at church too! I was kind of bummed though, because out of 4 people pregnant (three at church, and then my cousin) you could only tell that one of them, my cousin, was really pregnant! I wanted to see more belly. My cousin was beautiful pregnant though.

We had a lady on the plane ride back from boise to Minneapolis who was acting really weird. I don't quite know what was going on, but I know I was praying for safety. I mentioned her to security in Boise, but they didn't see the need to do anything. Well, she caused quite a bit if trouble on the flight and even tried to go to the front of the plane, which they had to rope off. Needless to say, there were about 10-15 police officers/airport personnel waiting for her as we de-planed. I will remember to pray for her. Hopefully she will give her life to the Lord. I know the Lord gives everyone a chance, but regardless of the fact if they have denied Him or not, if they have, they are still a lost soul and that is sad.

Well, I went grocery shopping last night. Much to damons delight (notice sarcasm) I am buying organic milk, cereal, oatmeal, and lots of other things that are health based. Like South beach salad dressing. I am trying not just to lose weight, but to be healthier. You can eat once a day, junk, and lose weight and still not be healthy. So I am going for both. I don't know how I am going to get him to try the milk. Maybe some of you could comment on here about that. Now if they would just make organic Dr Pepper. Brother and Sister Shaw and I have talked about this already. Think, if I could make a dr pepper replica only organic, I wonder if it would sell! they have jones soda on sale at walmart that uses pure cane to sweeten it, instead of refined sugar. I thought about it, but didn't get it. Well, i need to get ready for work. This house is a mess still, I have three suitcases that are all started on unpacking, yet none of it is put away! Well have a great week!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you had a good time in Idaho and are back safe!

Kudos to you for the health stuff! Brad's Mom buys organic milk and I didn't notice a difference in the taste at all. If Damon doesn't like it, it's all in his head.

I got the Jones soda for Brad, he loves it and now in cans, yay! But pure cane sugar IS refined sugar, same as you use for baking. They just use that vs. the high fructose corn syrup that most other colas use. Tastes better, but not better for you. :)

Think organic Dr. P would taste anything like colonial root beer? LOL!

~Amy said...

Glad you had a good time in Idaho. :O) I remember when I got to go home when we lived in GA. I was always so excited. There's just something about revisiting one's old stomping grounds that feels rejuvinating.

Heather said...

So happy you had a good and safe trip. There's nothing like visiting family huh?

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kasey said...

Colonial dr pepper, would be NASTY. ew ew ew

Yes, it is VERY exciting to get to go home and very nostalgic.

I love my family and am very thankful for them. I am so happy when I am able to visit!

Rebekah Doran said...

So glad that you had a good time in ID. My dad use to make that fry sauce for us, although we didn't dip fries in it, it was more like fish. :)

Organic stuff usually tastes the same or better then regular food. We get organic milk all the time. Everyone loves it and others like it so much that they don't really like the non-organic milk anymore.

cokelady said...

I am sooooo jealous!!! What I wouldn't give for some fry sauce right now... It's got to be one of the top three things about Idaho. :-) I mix up my own to have here at the house, but it's just not the same. I bought a jar of the Arctic Circle stuff last time we were in the area and treasured every last drop. I wonder if you can buy it by the case. Hhmmm... ;-)

Glad you had a good trip. Chuck's little girl is BEAUTIFUL.

Kasey said...

Becki- my momma is coming in June and I can have her bring me some bottles to ship to you if you would like. :)let me know. I haven't opened my bottle yet, but oooooooh it looks good. YUM!

Kasey said...

http://www.arcticcirclerest.com/g_frySauce.html

becki, check that out.