Thursday, April 26, 2007

Gaucho culotte things

Well, my sewing project...yuck! i bought the WRONG kind of fabric for a beginner, not to mention i learned some pretty good lessons. Almost everything that could have went wrong- did.Sigh... Oh well, I am going to just have to rip apart and cut some more stuff and start over. Cutting is my least favorite part, i really like the sewing aspect of it.

I have kinda been on a roller coaster of emotions lately. I need to learn how to live in the sunshine again. I just know that I want to please the Lord with all my heart.

My bosses took me out for administrative assistant day on Tuesday to Macaroni Grill. I got some kind of chicken in a balsamic glaze. YUMMY. Had sundried tomatoes on it too. Those are yummy! Then yesterday, my mentors that I work for (one math coordinator is the main boss, she has 7 math mentors- really excellent math people/helps under her) took me to The Cheesecake Factory. YUMMMMO! I wish I had gotten another entree, not because it wasn't good, but it wasn't exactly my taste. good none the less. That places portions are HUGE! The price kind of sends you into sticker shock, but when you see how much food you get...its not as bad. Seriously, the salads are ginormous. I got the bang bang chicken and shrimp, a thai inspired spicy dish with flavors of coconut, peanut,and something else. For dessert....oooh...are you ready...... white chocolate macadamia caramel cheesecake. *mmmmmmmmmm* they got me little presents too. It is nice to be appreciated. I didn't need all that stuff, but it was nice and a blessing.

Well, I hope everyone has a nice day. It's raining here and I am happy. Two of my bulbs have come up out of the ground. YAY. I have name the honoraray first sprouting bulb...Freddy! I think they are the Iris', I planted some gladiolas too. I need to plant my other stuff in the back yard. Getting late! My wildflowers are coming up too. Along with my Azalea blooming. Did I ever post the pictures???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!

and that makes such a difference! the house looks great! fabulous! and just plain AWESOME!

great work.

Rachel said...

I shouldda known better than to let you get that fabric. But at any rate you learned stuff! I learned with trial and error, but at least I had someone helping me with MY first sewing project! I knew that fabric would be hard... sorry. :-( Hey, the Hancock's in town is closing, maybe they have cheap good material...