Monday, April 09, 2007

bloggin on the new deck

Yes folks, thats right. I am blogging on our new deck. I know, I know...you are all anxiously waiting for the pictures. Right?? due to the amount of sarcasm in that statement, i won't be posting the pictures until it warms up. Mainly because I want to take the pictures when it warms up and the flowers are there happy smiling selves. :) Though this deck thing (how it turned out) was really unplanned, i am happy with how it turned out. Except for the fact, we are renters and won't get to take it with us when and if we get our own house. Hopefully we can get a break on rent with the amount we spent fixing it the outside up. I planted the bushes and flowers and bulbs and set up the edgeing stones and mulched. Looks fabuloso.

Pray for Damon and me. We are giving the devotion this wednesday night. Damon says the topic a living sacrifice has been on his mind. So, I am trying to think/pray on what the Lord would have me to say in the devotion. I am normally the outspoken leader type role in our relationship when it comes to doing church stuff. disclaimer, I do not rule the roost so don't get any ideas in your heads. I am just saying I have the get up and go take on anything personality when it comes to church projects...I say all that to say this...:) that I really want him to LEAD this devotion. I want him to take on the main part of it and go with it. He has such a tender heart and a sweet almost childlike spirit towards the Lord. I love that about him. I am so blessed by God to have a husband like I do. I could never have picked any one better, nor could I have dreamed that my life would turn out like this. The heartaches and hard times of marriage, the being away from family, it is ALL hard...but to have a love in my life EVERY DAY that some people only get to dream of, well...THAT my friends is amazing. And I am thankful. I am not being mushy, I am being truthful. Marriage is hard sometimes, but when God is in the husband and wife, ultimately the marriage is in HIM and it is a beautiful thing.

The Easter dinner turned out wonderful, despite the fact my foot ached from having been on it almost all day on Saturday from cooking and working outside. I have to say it was a total success. And I have turned Damons family onto a new recipe from my family, waldorf salad. My deendee (grandma) made it. YUM-O. Has apples (cut small), mini marshmallows, golden raisins, walnuts, and miracle whip. You may say that sounds gross, but my friends you need to try. It is super yummy. I just had this thought, I want another Beverly Lewis book, I read all of mine. Back on subject. I found out what happened with my song Sunday (to those of you who were there that read my blog) I have some CD Tracks that I use track #4 with...well for some reason I forgot that fact that I use track 1 with this song and well...told them to use track 4. So, that is why I had a hard time. I normally sing it in the high version but somehow managed to sing the low version. I know the Lord had to help me, even though it started out horrible, because thats a lot of space to jump on a song and I don't think I can normally do it. So thanks Jesus.

Well, this is me, signing off. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you still did an AWESOME job!! so proud of you for being the wonderful person you and for being so willing to allow God to use you.

love you