Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Week?!

Goodness sakes...it's been almost a week and I haven't blogged. For shame Kasey!

This week was good. It was my first FULL week back to work between all the holidays and being sick, and I must say, my pocket book will be very very happy. I am thankful to the Lord for this week, as I actually felt healthy enough to work the whole week and was even back to my bubbly sassy self. One person even made the remark "I guess you're feeling better, huh". Isn't that great. I read a devotion this week that has really stuck out to me. I am pretty sure I have read it before, because I have one devotional book my mom got me that I love and I am going through it for the second time, but for some reason this stuck out to me now. It said.."what you think, will be. If you think good will towards someone (that is normally not your favorite person) then that will come and that good will, will follow you. If you THINK health, then health will come". Mainly what it was saying is, HAVE POSITIVE THOUGHTS, our minds can convince us of so much JUNK, especially mine, that we get bogged down. So think happy, and happiness will be! I really liked it!!

Friday came so fast, and Shley came over to spend the night. We watched Fame, which for the most part was pretty good. We started P&P but, shew, I am old and it was late. I was OUT halfway through. I got a call from mom in the middle of the night, but missed it. So i called her back at nearly three am, and one of the horses had gotten out. She had to work realllly early this morning, so I had to go mend fence so our trickster wouldn't get out again. An hour later and a few scratches from the thorny trees surrounding the break through area, it was good to go. I felt like an old fashioned cowboy, cept I wasn't on a horse riding fence, but a four wheeler. Shley helped me, poor kid. She wasn't expectin to have to do that, but I am thankful she was there to help. The fence was tore up pretty good. After that, we came home and made lunch. YUM. We had seared chicken with gravy, biscuits, and cornbread dressing. YUM YUM YUM. I know, no veggies, but hey...there were some green things in the dressing. ;) We then watched the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, a really sad but good movie. I have TV guardian so I don't know about the language, but there were some areas I didn't approve of. Overall good though. And it has changed my opinion of Brad Pitt, I have sided with the rest of the world (FINALLY) and now think he is gooorgeous. shew. The movie is like threeee hours long though. After that I took Shley home, and then went and got my coffee. I took a nap, and now I am getting ready to go to a concert at a local coffee shop. Hopefully its good, I think its just small local Christian bands, but I hear they are good! Have a great night!

0 comments: