Thursday, January 14, 2010

Want Some?

Do you need some encouragement today? Whatever you may face...I think this scripture covers it...ready?

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. II Timothy 1:7

I am a worrier...about everything. Mainly a hypochondriac. I have let it get to the point of fearing everrrryyything is wrong with me. So bad I can't even function and am sad all the time. But you know, God does not want me to live like that. So each time I try to dig myself back into that hole, He gets me back out. I hope I am learning from these times in my life. To trust, not fear. To love, not fear. To LIVE, not fear. Because..."For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind"

5 comments:

cokelady said...

I think you are the first and only hypochondriac I've ever known who KNEW they were a hypochondriac. That's admirable. Most people like that live in strong denial of it, insisiting that everything really IS wrong with them and you'd better not question it. It must be healthier to be aware that you struggle with it. If you can't admit you are that way, how would you EVER get victory over it?! So, you're at least headed in the right direction, right? :-)

I actually just wanted to share a scripture with you. Something arose the other day that sort of threw me for a loop and I found myself struggling with a bunch of "Oh, no... What if ____
happens, or ____" thoughts. As I was praying I felt like God spoke soooooo clearly to my heart and reminded me of when the disciples were on the stormy sea and freaking out. Jesus woke up and said, "Why are ye so fearful, oh ye of little faith?" After a-a-a-a-a-a-all that God has done and seen me through, how foolish to allow fear to grip my heart NOW! He's still in control and you're right--He does not want His people to live in fear. We serve the Prince of Peace and He is able to implant that PEACE deep in our hearts, despite whatever is going on around us. That's it. My little mini-sermon of the month. I just sort of related to what you're feeling and wanted to share how God helped me out the other day. He is so good. :-)

Unknown said...

AMEN

Unknown said...

AMEN

Anonymous said...

AMEN

Anonymous said...

AMEN